Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Euro-crime: policier, polar, poliziesco all'italiana, poliziottesco/poliziotteschi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
    I like STUNT SQUAD as well, Paul. I first saw it via a fan version 7 or 8 years ago. While the frequent action and unusually violent pieces definitely make an impression, this one actually gets even better with revisits. In fact, really the main and only slight I can point to is that aside from Bozzuffi, the rest of the squad are pretty indistinguishable from one another. The villain, Valli, makes a much stronger impression. He's a nasty piece of work.
    Valli is indeed a pretty nasty villain, Andrew: truly sadistic and hate-filled. Re: the squad. I thought much more would be made of the new addition to the team, but his character gets short shrift and, as you say, they team seem pretty interchangeable.
    Originally posted by Raf A. View Post
    Terrible quality blu-ray though, isnt't it?
    Yes, not the best, by far - still better than the VHS dupe I had but had never watched, but much-o room for improvement.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• I finally got back to that di Leo boxset with THE ITALIAN CONNECTION. This one's a real treat. I dig the story but the highlight is Woody Strode and Henry Silva cracking skulls. At first Mario Adorf seemed like an odd choice for the lead but he pulled it off nicely. I like seeing Adolfo Celi as a mob boss but it's distracting hearing him with a different voice dub from the one used in THUNDERBALL (a film I've seen dozens of times). The perv in me wants to get this on Blu-ray just to see more of Luciana's Paluzzis in that see-through green shirt.

Comment

• I received Arrow's release for MILANO CALIBRO 9 & it looks great! Definitely a worthwhile upgrade.

Does anyone know if Arrow plans to release other films by Fernando di Leo?

Comment

• For those interested, I was a guest on The Gentlemen's Guide to Midnite Cinema podcast last week, discussing Raro's recent Killer Cop release. There's also a second episode on there where we talk Vinegar Syndrome's release of Madman!

http://ggtmc.libsyn.com/episode-346-killer-cop

Comment

• It's Wednesday morning and THE BIG RACKET is freaking fantastic.

Comment

• Amen.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jason C View Post
                It's Wednesday morning and THE BIG RACKET is freaking fantastic.
                You know what today is? Anything can happen today.

And THE BIG RACKET is indeed bloody brilliant Starts with a bang and, well, goes on like that for pretty much all of its running time.
                'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• I was a bit disappointed with GANG WAR IN MILAN. It starts off strong, but about an hour in I started to feel like the film wasn't going anywhere. I found the story transition from "warring gangs" to "man against the world" in the final act to be a bit clumsy and unbelievable. It's was still worth checking out and I enjoyed Mike Malloy's intro.

Comment

• Does anyone know the title of the U. Lenzi crime film with a scene on a bus or train & a guy gets his face held out the window so he face gets ripped off by an oncoming bus or train? I use to have that film on vhs & it was really good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Keeth View Post
                      Does anyone know the title of the U. Lenzi crime film with a scene on a bus or train & a guy gets his face held out the window so he face gets ripped off by an oncoming bus or train? I use to have that film on vhs & it was really good.
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk5DA_mmVEE

It's NAPOLI VIOLENTA.

Comment

• Yeah, Violent Naples. For some reason, I can never remember the title. Someone should point Arrow in its direction.

I really, really, really want Cry of a Prostitute on blu-ray. It was so sad when it was cancelled.

Comment

• I totally second that. Cry Of A Prostitute is beyond bad ass. But it has to have Silva's voice or no dice.
                          https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nabonga View Post
                            I totally second that. Cry Of A Prostitute is beyond bad ass. But it has to have Silva's voice or no dice.
                            "Motherfucker! Shine my shoes!"

Comment

• Anyone had a look at the recent DVD of IL CONSIGLIORI aka COUNSELOR AT CRIME? It has English audio, no subs. I have a copy on the way...only have this in a fullscreen dupe and I do like the film so this pretty much has to be an upgrade.
                              I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                                Anyone had a look at the recent DVD of IL CONSIGLIORI aka COUNSELOR AT CRIME? It has English audio, no subs. I have a copy on the way...only have this in a fullscreen dupe and I do like the film so this pretty much has to be an upgrade.
                                I ordered one, as well. I watched the horribly cropped print on Dorado's Roku channel and loved it; can't wait to watch this disc!

Comment

Working...
                                X