Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Euro-crime: policier, polar, poliziesco all'italiana, poliziottesco/poliziotteschi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I received the Raro Blu-ray release of STUNT SQUAD/LA POLIZIA E SCONFITTA (Domenico Paolella, 1977) today. I don't think I've seen this film before, or if I have it was a long time ago and I've forgotten about it. I'm not expecting the video presentation to be spectacular, but I'm looking forward to watching the film.

Did anyone else pick this disc up?

'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• I have Paul, I have yet to watch it yet though. I used to own a VHS of it and have seen it. Obviosly it's a Raro blu and your probably wondering about the quality of the transfer?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark C. View Post
        I have Paul, I have yet to watch it yet though. I used to own a VHS of it and have seen it. Obviosly it's a Raro blu and your probably wondering about the quality of the transfer?
        Hi Mark, I've got the disc (dropped through the letterbox on Saturday) but haven't watched it yet. The Raro Blu-ray releases are all over the shop, presentation-wise. I still keep meaning to order MEET HIM AND DIE which, despite its problems, I'm sure is a step up from the New Entertainment World DVD that I own.
        'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

Comment

• This looks cool,

Coming from raro Feb 2015.

Comment

• I love that film. It's a slow burner, quite political - reminds me of Damiano Damiani's style. I've got an ageing VHS release and would upgrade to a Blu release in a heartbeat.

Comment

• I tried searching for a thread about the film or Camera Obscura but couldn't find any and since I'm lazy I won't create a new one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	11049477_807103012658614_8552531872345748826_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	348090

Comment

• So, none other than Quentin Tarantino himself wrote into Video Watchdog's new issue (The Shining) to comment, nitpick and compliment my Eurocrime article from last issue. Pretty fucking pumped on that, I must say! Don't mean to self-aggrandize, but I'm just chuffed, is all!

Comment

• Congrats! It was a fine piece of work!

Comment

• Thanks, Ian!

Comment

• just stumbled upon the new milano calibro 9 cover (arrow).

damn, I totally forgot they're gonna release this! is this the same transfer raro used for there blu-ray or will we see a better transfer?? did they ever mentioned if and when they'll release the rest of the "millieu trilogy" (the boss, the italian connection)?

Comment

• A couple weeks ago I finally tracked down CRY OF A PROSTITUTE. Fucking amazing! It lived up to the hype. Because of that I've decided to focus a bit more on Euro-crime the next couple months and cap it off with Mike Malloy's Eurocime doc. I'm somewhat new to the genre having only seen about 5 or so.

I started with RICCO'S MEAN MACHINE last night. I hated Christopher Mitchum in this film. He's too laid back and I didn't believe that his character gave a damn about getting revenge. If not for Barbara Bouchet and Malisa Longo constantly taking their clothes off I doubt I would have made to the shocking final 3rd of the film. I about fell off my couch when dudes started getting their cocks cut off and others were getting dissolved in vats of acid. Holy shit that was bananas. I'm guessing this film was difficult to find fully uncut in theaters back during its original theatrical run and on VHS. I assume it must not have been released in Britain during the Video Nasties scare. Next up Girolami's VIOLENT CITY.

Comment

• CRY OF A PROSTITUTE is awesome! I was heartbroken when Camera Obscura announced that they would not be releasing it.

Comment

• Has anyone picked up Raro's Blu-ray release of KILLER COP yet?

Comment

• Yep, thought it looked pretty good, similar standard to DEATH OCCURRED LAST NIGHT. Forgot how good this film was.

Comment

• Thanks for that, demented :) I like the film, and if the Raro disc contains a good presentation, that makes the disc a must-buy for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X