Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favourite Euro Cult actors crop up in the most unusual places...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favourite Euro Cult actors crop up in the most unusual places...

Watching an episode of the perenially-wacky LAW & ORDER: SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT today, I was surprised to see a guest appearance by Franco Nero, as a thinly-veiled caricature of Silvio Berlusconi - he plays a sex-mad Italian politician who is accused of rape.

From time to time, Nero crops up in a lot of TV shows, and I thought it may be worth having a thread in which we can document unusual sightings of our favourite Euro Cult actors, in places where we might not expect to see them - in television programmes, adverts, etc.

EDIT: Any chance of moving this into Euro Cult, Ian? I've stuck it in the wrong sub-forum :cuckoo: (My excuse is, I've been marking essays for almost twelve hours today, so my brain's frazzled )
    Paul L
    Scholar of Sleaze
    Last edited by Paul L; 12-12-2012, 05:27 PM.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Not my favorite but.....Thomas Milian was in MIAMI VICE, Law & Order, Murder: She Wrote ,L.A. Law, The Equalizer...and probably many others!

Comment

Easily the most unexpected for me was seeing Gabriele Tinti in THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW. If you asked me to name the television show I least expected to see a eurocult actor in, that would have been it. And he actually played the same character again in the spinoff MAYBERRY R.F.D.
      Andrew Monroe
      Pallid Hands
      Last edited by Andrew Monroe; 12-13-2012, 09:23 AM.
      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul L View Post
        EDIT: Any chance of moving this into Euro Cult, Ian? I've stuck it in the wrong sub-forum :cuckoo: (My excuse is, I've been marking essays for almost twelve hours today, so my brain's frazzled )
        Not a problem!
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Thanks, Ian :)
          Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
          Not my favorite but.....Thomas Milian was in MIAMI VICE, Law & Order, Murder: She Wrote ,L.A. Law, The Equalizer...and probably many others!
          I remember Milian's appearances in THE EQUALIZER, MIAMI VICE and LAW & ORDER, but not MURDER: SHE WROTE.

I remember being surprised when Tony Musante (an American, rather than European actor admittedly, but known for his European films I guess) cropped up in the first season of HBO's OZ in the late-1990s. Come to think of it, didn't Milian appear in OZ too?
          'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
          'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Your favourite Euro Cult actors crop up in the most unusual places...

What's even crazier is Milan is in that episode with Fred Williamson!

My favorite hour of television.

Ever.

Comment

Working...
            X