Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mediumrare Entertainment Releasing 2 Jess Franco Films & More!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mediumrare Entertainment Releasing 2 Jess Franco Films & More!

Just got this press release, figured I'd pass it along:

MEDIUMRARE ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS A CULT QUARTET OF SEX AND GORE ON DVD

Prepare your new year for an encounter with murderous witchfinders, vampires, lusty warrior women and mesmeric magicians as Mediumrare Entertainment releases four blood-soaked films from those icons of horror, Jess Franco, Vincent Price and Christopher Lee. All are being released in January 2013 in the UK on DVD for the very first time!

THE BLOODY JUDGE (1970/ 18/ 89mins) Directed by Jess Franco, with Christopher Lee, Maria Rohn, Leon Gunn.

Christopher Lee swops his cape for a wig and gown to play the notorious Judge Jeffreys, a real-life 17th century witchfinder who showed a ruthless, sadistic justice. His growing obsession with a local wench (Maria Rohm) fuels a jaw-dropping spree of torture, brutality and flesh-ripping perversion. Franco, Lee, Maria Rohm are reunited after The Vengeance of Fu Manchuin this lavishly murderous drama of dirty deeds and devilish scheming. EXTRAS INCLUDE: interviews with Jess Franco and Christopher Lee, deleted scenes, poster and stills gallery, trailer.

VAMPIRE ECSTASY (1974/ 18/ 103 mins) Directed by Joseph Sarno

Two young girls turn up at an ancient castle, determined to find who's the rightful heir. But there are legends of a German countess who seeks to restore her youthful beauty by bathing in the blood of virgins. As the newcomers are drawn deeper into the sensual nightmare, the countess is set to reawaken on her lustful legacy of terror. A chilling erotic tale from sexploitation director Joseph Sarno, with a bevy or exotic beauties including Confessions of a Sex Kitten's Nadia Henkowa and Anke Syring. First time release in the UK. EXTRAS INCLUDE: 'A touch of horror' documentary featuring Joseph Sarno
    Both the above films are released on: 21 January 2013, rrp £12.99.

THE GIRL FROM RIO (1969/ 18/ 94 mins) Directed by Jess Franco, with Shirley Eaton, George Sanders.

Jess Franco explodes into the swinging 60s with this mini-skirted orgy of espionage action. Arriving in Rio, Secret agent Jeff Sutton is caught in a battle between ruthless gangsters and lusty amazons as bisexual super-villain Sumura launches a diabolical plan to enslave all men with her army of warrior women with Mob boss, Sir Marius hot on her trail. Bond girl Shirley Eaton (Goldfinger) leads the battle of the sexes which also features Richard Wyler (The Bounty Killer), Maria Rohm and Oscar-winner George Sanders in this kinky cult favourite that outgrooves Modesty Blaise, Danger: Diabolik, and Barbarella. Those boots are definitely made for walking over you. First time release in the UK. DVD EXTRAS INCLUDE: interviews with Jess Franco, Harry Alan Towers and Shirley Eaton.

HOUSE OF 1,000 DOLLS (1967/ 18/ 92 mins) Directed by Jeremy Summer, with Vincent Price and George Nader.

Vacationing in Tangiers, a young couple (George Nader and Anne Smyrner) run into an old friend whose girlfriend (Maria Rohm) has been kidnapped by an international gang of white slave traders. No sooner do they start investigation when the friend himself is murdered. What tricks does magician Manderville (Vincent Price) have up his sleeve as he makes young women disappear with the help of his assistant (Martha Hyer)? And what exactly goes on in the House of 1,000 Dolls? Directed by Jeremy Summer, who worked on many classic 60s TV series such as The Saint, Jason King and Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased). First time release in UK.

Both the above films are released on: 28th January 2013, rrp £12.99.

Mediumrare Entertainment: http://www.mediumraregroup.com/
    Attached Files
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Mediumrare Entertainment Releasing 2 Jess Franco Films & More!

I liked The Bloody Judge a lot. Should watch it again.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

I have to say that I dig the hell out of those covers. I'd never double-dip just for a cover -- but in these cases its kinda tempting!

Comment

I never did get the MGM MOD release of House Of 1000 Dolls, so I'm kinda stoked for this one.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
        X