Treasured Films Releasing Dawn Of The Mummy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treasured Films Releasing Dawn Of The Mummy

No release date or specs yet but they put up some before and after color grading images on their FB page.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	431897

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	431896
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Been a long time since I've watched this one. I held off the German release as TF said they were putting this out. I wonder if Severin will also get it considering David Gregory's lifelong mission to get every nasty out there again?
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

They posted this on their FB page earlier today, so maybe some news is imminent?

Name:	445204150_426169220266704_3770717141477003141_n.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	433301
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

This film has a very interesting history. I only watched it for the first time about 2 months ago when I grabbed a German Mediabook but the film has always been in the back of my mind ever since I first saw the Anchor Bay DVD more than 20 years ago. I could never get ahold of a copy. Anyway, I discovered a connection between the film and Fatal Games, the 1984 slasher released last year by Vinegar Syndrome: Frank Agrama (Director of DotM) Executive Produced Fatal Games (or was involved with it in some high capacity) and Shuki Levy, of all people, scored both films. Because of this connection I'm fairly confident we'll see a US release of Dawn of the Mummy at some point this year or next - it's just a matter of deciding which release to pick up. Treasured Films is a new kid on the block and doesn't yet have a reputation but Severin does. I usually buy the first edition out of the gate; here, however, I might just wait for the US counterpart. Maybe Severin will announce it next month during their Summer event.

It's an OK film...far from a masterpiece but still enjoyable. It feels like a typical Italo-trash Z grade horror movie but it was made by a Los Angeles-based production company with American crew (mostly). I'm generally happy with the Mediabook. Double dipping will depend on the specs and artwork. I still feel like a US announcement is imminent.

Comment

I don't remember much about this one, I haven't seen it in 20+ years. If I'm right, the mayhem is mostly near the end. Seeing as it was confiscated as part of the nasties scare in the UK, I'd be surprised if David Gregory and Severin haven't picked it up, or has it already been confirmed by them?

Comment

No, no confirmation but I agree it will likely come from Severin. No other US label is doing this stuff. Well, Vinegar Syndrome trickles one out every now and then but that's it.

Comment

Coming in August!

FRANK AGRAMA’S “DAWN OF THE MUMMY”

This deluxe limited edition Blu-ray features the film as you’ve never seen it before which has been restored in 2K in the best possible condition from 2 surviving 35mm prints with additional colour correction from Treasured Films!

SPECIAL FEATURES

Newly scanned and restored in 2K from surviving 35mm Spanish and German prints, with additional colour grading by Treasured Films
              NEW Audio Commentary from Kim Newman and Barry Forshaw
              Audio commentary with Director Frank Agrama
              NEW Unwrapping the Mummy: a video essay on Frank Agrama by Eugenio Ercolani
              NEW Peeling the Bandages: a critical appraisal by Stephen Thrower
              NEW Back to the Suture: Darrell Buxton on the Mummy films of the 1980s
              NEW Lighting the Mummy: an interview with Cinematographer Sergio Rubini
              Trailer
              Image Gallery
              Reversible sleeve featuring two artwork choices
              English SDH Subtitles

Ordering directly with us means you also get WEBSTORE EXCLUSIVES:
              ‘Mummy Magnet’ designed by Pixel Elixir
              ‘Saphiraman ‘Curse Card’ designed by The Nasty Pasty
              and A3 reversible fold-out poster!

https://www.filmtreasures.co.uk/dawn...ster-eu-orders

https://www.treasuredfilms.co.uk/dawn-of-the-mummy

Name:	436302124_966749035413008_8115749433917435880_n.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	433444
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Nice extras, will probably pick this up. Their Last Hunter disc was good.

Comment

Stephen Thrower, sold!

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The German discs has elevated black levels, so more colour correction work should make this scrub up quite well for something with no pre print elements.

Comment

Originally posted by Trench View Post
                        Anyway, I discovered a connection between the film and Fatal Games, the 1984 slasher released last year by Vinegar Syndrome: Frank Agrama (Director of DotM) Executive Produced Fatal Games (or was involved with it in some high capacity) and Shuki Levy, of all people, scored both films.
                        I knew the name Frank Agrama as the producer of Robotech. You should read the wiki on him and all of his legal troubles. Frank Agrama - Wikipedia

Comment

Working...
                        X