Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A.C.A.B.: All Cops Are Bastards (Stefano Sollima, 2012)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.C.A.B.: All Cops Are Bastards (Stefano Sollima, 2012)

Has anyone seen this film by the son of Sergio Sollima? It's said to be a politicised police film, as you might expect from the son of Sergio Sollima, and has drawn comparisons with Brazil's ELITE SQUAD films.

It's been released in the UK, Germany and Italy on Blu-ray. When payday swings around on Friday, I may very well order myself a copy.

'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Not only did I see it, I wore my A.C.A.B t-shirt while doing so! I liked it somewhat, even though I felt the director did not raise enough questions about the obvious fascism of the riotcops the film depicts. It is just left hanging there. But overall a good movie. And good soundtrack to.
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Just what I needed to hear. Thanks, Chris :)
      Paul L
      Scholar of Sleaze
      Last edited by Paul L; 11-28-2012, 10:47 AM. Reason: Ugly typo
      'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
      'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Never heard of this but it sounds like something I would be interested in, thanks for the tip. It's somehow heartening to see a son of one of the greats of Italian cinema carrying on the tradition.
        I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Read a review of this the other day - clicked on it simply because of the title ;)

Didn't realize this was Sergio's son, but it makes sense now.

Paul, post your thoughts on the Blu-ray once you get a chance to check it out of you don't mind. I don't see this getting a domestic release anytime soon and will import it if it's worth it.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

SILLY SWEDE...Show us yer T-Shirt!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	acab_t_shirts-r0a63d386d0b3456a9ed4969b2246f6b7_8nhly_512.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	342029

Why it is exactly like this one. So now you can visualize me sitting at the film festival, donning that and an adidas trainer top, surrounded by posh left wing ladies who seemed confused as to what they were doing there ;)
              "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

LOL...I have the perfect picture in my mind right now!!!

They must indeed have been confused....

Seems like YOU were the only one who knew what he was getting into!

Comment

Working...
                X