Raffaele Picchio's Morituris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raffaele Picchio's Morituris

So I hadn't heard of this movie until today when I found an article by Bloody Disgusting stating that it has been banned from theatrical play in its native Italy. Obviously that caught my attention, found a trailer (NSFW) on youtube:

Peblum horror? Weird, but I'm intrigued.

"The letter with the banning motivations accuse the films to be a “gratuity essay of perversion and sadism,” and “the commission unanimously sentence contrariety to allowing for public projection because of offence to good morals, intending acts of violence and perversion against women, motivated by enjoying of overcoming and thrill of self strength, empowered by consume of alcohol and drugs. The avengers find revenge against both boys, guilty of violence, and girls, victims of violence. At last, in acts of extreme perversion, a little mouse is used as a sex tool."

That same article links to their recent review from a Fantasia screening in which they trashed it for being mean spirited (some spoilers in that review).

Here's a link to the film's official website - http://www.morituris.com/

This sounds pretty messed up.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Color me intrigued...

Comment

I'm surprised you only just heard of this, that dude who's sort of a one man PR outfit on forums has been posting threads about this for over a year at Latarnia and AVM.

I'm curious about the film but the comparisons with some of the recent French "extreme" horror films gives me pause, not because they are too much for me but rather I just think many of them are wildly overrated and lame.
      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
        I'm surprised you only just heard of this, that dude who's sort of a one man PR outfit on forums has been posting threads about this for over a year at Latarnia and AVM.
        Yeah, sometimes when something is in my face as much as some things can be, I tend to look past them. haha.

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
        I'm curious about the film but the comparisons with some of the recent French "extreme" horror films gives me pause, not because they are too much for me but rather I just think many of them are wildly overrated and lame.
        I think like any other 'movement' you get the good with the bad. I've enjoyed some of the recent French stuff like Martyrs and Calvaire so if it's in the same vein as those two, this'll probably be up my alley.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
          I think like any other 'movement' you get the good with the bad. I've enjoyed some of the recent French stuff like Martyrs and Calvaire so if it's in the same vein as those two, this'll probably be up my alley.
          Yeah, I've had wildly different reactions to the recent French stuff. I loved Martyrs, but on the other hand I absolutely loathed High Tension.

So we'll see...definitely some cool imagery in the trailer, though...

Comment

I really liked Calvaire and enjoyed Martyrs and Inside and even the much-hated High Tension, despite the dumb twist. This doesn't look as well made as any of those films though, may be trying to get over by being 'brutal, man.'

Comment

So according to Fangoria, Synapse have picked this one up for a domestic release.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I didn't realize Another World Entertainment already put this out on DVD.

Click image for larger version

Name:	morituris-cover.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	343137

Here's a Danish review with pictures.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Now Anolis have it slated for DVD & Blu-ray release.

Name:	1450897_10151969034574672_545485138_n.jpg
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	344605
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]8506[/ATTACH]
                    According to Amazon review it's cut by 20 (!!!) minutes.

Comment

Oh. Well fuck that shit. haha.

Will wait on a US release.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The great Sergio Stivaletti did the effects????...Wow....

Heard this was a vile movie, NOT because of the zombies...but because of the human nastiness in it...apparently based on a real life case ....

Some have said it seems like two shorter movies stuck together....but I will see it one day probably....

Would have been nice to just have old school Italian zombie carnage in the movie ...their image looks good anyway...

Check out the website...
                        http://www.morituris.com/

Comment

Press release!

Raffaele Picchio's Banned in Italy MORITURIS Comes to the U.S. on DVD & Blu-Ray from Synapse Films This September!

Official Selection - Fantasia International Film Festival

“The less known about MORITURIS the better before going into it, but once in, gore and horror fans are not going to want this film to end!” - Ain't It Cool News Horror

“Dark, cruel, strong, weird and violent, MORITURIS harkens back to the hyper-stylized violent aesthetic of Italian shock maestro Lucio Fulci… See it.” - FANGORIA Magazine

Two lovely Romanian girls take a trip with three Italian men to a rumored midnight rave in the middle of a dark forest. As the gang proceeds on foot to their final destination, a mysterious graveyard is discovered, a shockingly vile plot twist is revealed and bloodthirsty undead Roman gladiators rise from the dead to torture and mutilate their victims! For the two women, an already terrifying night is about to get much, much worse, as the zombified warriors hunt down the group to tear their heads off! Will anyone survive the night?

An interesting mix of old school 1980s Italian horror, with a touch of the brutality of Wes Craven's THE LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, MORITURIS is an unflinching, strong, cruel and extremely violent film featuring gruesome effects from Italian SPFX maestro, Sergio Stivaletti (DEMONS, DEMONS 2, DELLAMORTE DELLAMORE, Dario Argento's OPERA).

SPECIAL FEATURES (DVD and BLU):

Original Theatrical Trailer

Reversible Cover Art

NOT RATED / 2011 / 86 MINS. / COLOR / 5.1 SURROUND / 1.85:1/ DVD/DVD CATALOG # SFD0157/BLU CATALOG # SFD0156/

BLU UPC: 654930317990/DVD UPC: 654930318096

Name:	Morituris-Blu-ray.jpg
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	348536
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

More info...

Morituris: Legions Of The Dead
                            Label: Synapse Films
                            Pre-book: 08/11/2015 Streets: 09/08/2015
                            Production year: 2011 Genre: Horror
                            Run Time: 86 minutes In Italian with English subtitles
                            Director: Raffaele Picchio
                            Cast: Valentina D'Andrea, Andrea De Bruyn, Desiree Giorgetti, Francesco Malcom

Blu-ray
                            SRP: $24.95 UPC: 654930317990 Cat: SFD0156
                            Color Not Rated Widescreen 1.85:1 DTS-HD MA 5.1 Surround Region: All

DVD
                            SRP: $19.95 UPC: 654930318096 Cat: SFD0157
                            Color Not Rated Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1 Dolby Digital 5.1 Region 0

Synopsis:

Two lovely Romanian girls take a trip with three Italian men to a rumored midnight rave in the middle of a dark forest. As the gang proceeds on foot to their final destination, a mysterious graveyard is discovered, a shockingly vile plot twist is revealed and bloodthirsty undead Roman gladiators rise from the dead to torture and mutilate their victims! For the two women, an already terrifying night is about to get much, much worse, as the zombified warriors hunt down the group to tear their heads off! Will anyone survive the night? An interesting mix of old school 1980s Italian horror, with a touch of the brutality of Wes Craven's THE LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, MORITURIS is an unflinching, strong, cruel and extremely violent film featuring gruesome effects from Italian SPFX maestro, Sergio Stivaletti (DEMONS, DEMONS 2, DELLAMORTE DELLAMORE, Dario Argento's OPERA).

Bonus Features:

Theatrical Trailer
                            Reversible Cover Art

Review:

Dark, cruel, strong, weird and violent, MORITURIS harkens back to the hyper-stylized violent aesthetic of Italian shock maestro Lucio Fulci... It's BEN-HUR from beyond the grave. It's SPARTACUS with rough sex and spooks.

It's GLADIATOR with graphic gore and ghouls. It's... you get the picture. See it.

-Chris Alexander, FANGORIA Magazine

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Bought the swedish dvd of this. The idea sounded intriguing but I found it to be horribly executed. Basically Last House On The Left with gladiator zombies awkwardly mixed in. Just a mess and badly shot. The image is waaay too dark. Got a headache from it to be honest. The theme song is boss however and the closing scene is really eerie but two good things doesn't make a good movie.
                              https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

Working...
                              X