• Show
Clear All

• Indicator Releasing Black Magic Rites

Coming to UHD and Blu-ray in June.

https://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/pr...ites-4k-uhd-le

(Renato Polselli, 1973)
    Release date: 26 June 2023
    Limited Edition 4K UHD (World premiere)

From the mind of one of Italian genre cinema’s most outrageous and uncompromising filmmakers comes Black Magic Rites (Riti, magie nere e segrete orge nel Trecento... aka The Reincarnation of Isabel), Renato Polselli’s (The Vampire and the Ballerina) delirious masterpiece of erotic horror.

When beautiful Laureen throws a wild party at the castle which she has just inherited, she is blissfully unaware that its dark cellar harbours an occult sect that is hellbent on avenging the death of Isabel, who was burned at the stake 600 years earlier as a witch. The occultists’ satanic rituals call for the blood of virgins… Could Laureen be next?

Starring Mickey Hargitay (Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter?) and Rita Calderoni (A Quiet Place in the Country) this bizarre, psychedelic fusion of eroticism and Italian Gothic horror is presented in an all-new 4K restoration from the original negative.

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION 4K UHD SPECIAL FEATURES
    Brand-new 4K HDR restoration from the original negative by Powerhouse Films
    4K (2160p) UHD presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
    Original Italian mono soundtrack
    Audio commentary with critics and authors David Flint and Kim Newman (2023)
    The Seventh Art According to Ralf Brown (2023): far-reaching documentary on the first half of Renato Polselli’s career featuring an archival interviews with the filmmaker and his actor-collaborator Mickey Hargitay, as well as new contributions from director and programmer Luca Rea
    Gianfranco Reverberi on ‘Black Magic Rites’ (2023): the composer revisits his haunting score
    Lovely Jon on Gianfranco Reverberi (2023): the DJ and soundtrack enthusiast deconstructs the film’s delirious compositions
    Stephen Thrower on ‘Black Magic Rites’ (2023): the author and musician analyses Polselli’s nightmarish cult classic
    Alternative The Reincarnation of Isabel title sequence
    Original theatrical trailer
    Image gallery: promotional and publicity materials
    New and improved English translation subtitles
    Limited edition exclusive 80-page book with a new essay by Miranda Corcoran, a career-spanning archival interview with director Renato Polselli by Jay Slater, an archival autobiographical piece by Polselli, a look at the career of actor Mickey Hargitay, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and full film credits
    World premiere on 4K UHD
    Limited edition of 10,000 numbered units (6,000 4K UHDs and 4,000 Blu-rays) for the UK and US

All extras subject to change

#PHILE425U
    BBFC cert: 18
    REGION FREE
    EAN: 5060697923056

Click image for larger version

Name:	black.jpg
Views:	700
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	411253
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

When I woke up this morning, I wasn't aware I needed a UHD of 'Black Magic Rites', in addition to my perfectly decent blu-ray, soundtrack LP etc.... but the new extras sound great, and I constantly aspire to leave my loved ones weeping over all the money I wasted on this kind of junk once I'm gone, so yeah: I'm in.

(Tho I will probably wait until their big sale begins on the 24th, in order to combine with an order at that point...)
    https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
    http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

Me too. Could be a total groovy eye-fuck in 4k.
      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Love this film! You never get too much Rita Calderoni.
        I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Andrew Monroe: "You never get too much Rita Calderoni."

I agree about Rita. But how do you feel about the chick with the mascara who spends half the movie running around shouting "Aiuto, aiuto"?

Comment

Is that Stefi, the comic-relief character? Or perhaps "Christa Barrymore"? Great cast of Polselli people in this. Many only did two films--this one and Delirium.

Comment

I still have my VHS bootleg of this as the truncated GHASTLY ORGIES OF COUNT DRACULA that I bought from Craig Ledbetter not long after Tim Lucas reviewed it in Video Watchdog. I'll centuple dip on this movie.
              Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by mjeon View Post
                Andrew Monroe: "You never get too much Rita Calderoni."

I agree about Rita. But how do you feel about the chick with the mascara who spends half the movie running around shouting "Aiuto, aiuto"?
                Like Marshall, I'm not sure who that is - I'm thinking Christa Barrymore who was quite the looker as well. But Rita is the queen.
                I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

I was referring to the comic relief character Stefi, who seems to be Stefania Fassio. She's killed at the beginning of Delirium, I think.
                  mjeon
                  Last edited by mjeon; 03-19-2023, 06:00 PM.

Comment

She is indeed.

Comment

fuck yeah! now bring on delirium and nude for satan (yeah, it's not from polselli ... but more rita calderoni!!)

Comment

I wonder if someone could get away with releasing Polselli's REVELATIONS OF A PSYCHIATRIST ON THE WORLD OF SEXUAL PERVERSION. The dog scene in that is arguably tamer than the horse scene in EMANUELLE IN AMERICA.
                        Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

looks like indicator acquired the whole redemption catalogue (rollin, cold eyes of fear, black magic rites). next stop jess franco, mario bava and pete walker!

Comment

Hope that means they can unfuck problematic titles like Nude for Satan and Phantasmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall Crist View Post
                              Hope that means they can unfuck problematic titles like Nude for Satan and Phantasmes.
                              I can’t see how they could release Phantasms in the U.K. Agreed on Nude for Satan though.
                              https://carnalcinema.blog

Comment

Working...
                              X