• Show
Clear All

• Indicator Releasing The Cold Eyes Of Fear

Coming to Blu-ray and UHD in June.

https://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/pr...fear-4k-uhd-le

(Enzo G Castellari, 1971)
    Release date: 26 June 2023
    Limited Edition 4K UHD (World premiere)

Directed by Italian genre-film stalwart Enzo G Castellari (Inglorious Bastards), Cold Eyes of Fear (Gli occhi freddi della paura) is a tense and brutal thriller which features an all-star line-up, including Gianni Garko (If You Meet Sartana Pray for Your Death), Fernando Rey (The French Connection), Giovanna Ralli (What Have They Done to Your Daughters?), and Frank Wolff (Once Upon a Time in the West).

When wealthy playboy Peter Flower picks up the beautiful Anna and takes her back to his uncle’s house, he and his guest find that their plans for the evening are cut short by the shocking discovery of a corpse and the surprise appearance of a pair of violent criminals.

With its vibrant London locations and discordant jazz score – composed by the great Ennio Morricone and performed by the legendary free-improvisation collective, Gruppo di Improvvisazione Nuova Consonanza – this stylish home-invasion thriller is presented in an all-new 4K restoration from the original negative.

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION 4K UHD SPECIAL FEATURES
    Brand-new 4K HDR restoration from the original negative by Powerhouse Films
    4K (2160p) UHD presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
    Original English mono soundtrack
    Audio commentary with critics and authors David Flint and Adrian J Smith (2023)
    Directing Fear (2023): legendary director Enzo G Castellari looks back at the production and his experience of working with the actors
    An Italian in London (2023): actor Gianni Garko reflects on his role, and considers the film's place within his career
    The Men in the Editing Room (2023): assistant editor Gianfranco Amicucci recalls a creative collaboration
    Lovely Jon on Ennio Morricone (2023): the DJ and soundtrack enthusiast dissects the film’s experimental jazz score
    Original theatrical trailer
    Image gallery: promotional and publicity materials
    New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
    Limited edition exclusive 80-page book with a new essay by Roberto Curti, a career-spanning archival interview with director Enzo G Castellari conducted by Mark Wickum, archival interviews with actors Gianni Garko and Giovanna Ralli, archival news reports on the death of actor Frank Wolff, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and full film credits
    World premiere on 4K UHD
    Limited edition of 10,000 numbered units (6,000 4K UHDs and 4,000 Blu-rays) for the UK and US

All extras subject to change

#PHILE279U
    BBFC cert: 18
    REGION FREE
    EAN: 5060697922516

Click image for larger version

Name:	cold.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	411251
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I've always thought Castellari to be overrated, and this is my least favourite of his films that I've seen. Nice to see Powerhouse putting out more ex-Redemption stuff though, and on UHD.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

I actually really like this one, although (aside from some wonky camerawork and the insane soundtrack) it's really more of an old-fashioned, set-bound thriller than what we usually think of as a giallo.

That said though, I think I'll be happy with the old blu-ray in this instance.
      https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
      http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

I don't much like this either. It just failed to draw me in. Seems very much like a play (not always a bad thing), but here it feels too staged and restricted to mostly one setting.
        I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Working...
        X