Lionsgate Releasing Sisu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lionsgate Releasing Sisu

"Lionsgate presents Sisu in association with Stage 6 Films, a Subzero Film Entertainment production, in association with Good Chaos and the will open theatrically in the US on April 28. In the meanwhile, we’ll leave you with the balls-the-the-wall brutal trailer below. Don’t say we didn’t warn you."

More info here:

http://cinemachords.com/brutal-red-b...actioner-sisi/

From the director of Rare Exports.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14846026/

Rock! Shock! Pop!

For once there is a Finnish film I want to see... and I'm not in Finland

It's currently in Finnish cinemas, and the word is it's good.

Comment

Looks like there's as UHD release in the works.

https://amzn.to/3M6XyVr
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I've heard this one is a minimalist, relentless action pic without much in the way of dialogue or story. Sounds pretty good to me. Might venture out to see it if it's playing anywhere nearby when it comes out in the UK in a couple of weeks.
        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Best Buy exclusive steelbook slated for 7/11/23.

Click image for larger version

Name:	348822219_189905093581598_8610164469971889980_n.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	260.2 KB
ID:	414722
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I wish I liked this more than I did, but it's just the John Wick formula transposed to Finland. It's just an empty action exercise and I got bored. On the plus side, it's only 90 minutes, so it's a fine time-waster. You could just as easily watch any WICK, NOBODY, VIOLENT NIGHT etc. They're all essentially the same film.
            Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

You're not wrong but I enjoyed it, even if I felt it was getting repetitive towards the end. The movie had a good sense of humor about itself that I think made it more entertaining than it would have been otherwise, at least for me.

And bonus points for some pretty creative kill scenes.

But yeah, definitely style over substance.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I really didn't like the truck full of women prisoners. That seemed to be there just for the cliched "girl power" scenes. Plus the way the main girl talks to the one officer near the end was hard to believe (he surely would've shot her the moment she opened her mouth). There was a distinct lack of anything transgressive or genuinely shocking, which is to be expected, but I want to see more disturbing material in these modern actioners. Everything is just this side of safe.

Comment

I wasn't expecting transgressive, I was expecting gory action. So I got that. But again, you're not wrong about any of what you're complaining about and I can't disagree. There was nothing even remotely realistic about it but, for me at least, it gave me 90 minutes of fun escapism.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

You're right that it delivers exactly what it promises.

Comment

I enjoyed it. When you compare it to something like Mad Heidi, it's a fucking masterpiece. My father's just got out of hospital, going to show him this next weekend. Nothing like senseless violence and gore to bring the generations together.
                      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Working...
                      X