• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Five Days (1973)

From Facebook/Twitter:

**** BLACK FRIDAY TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT #3 ****

THE FIVE DAYS (1973)

After FOUR FLIES ON GREY VELVET, Dario Argento stepped away from giallo to create what remains the only non-horror/thriller – and least-seen film – of his career: Set during 1848’s five-day siege of Milan by the Austrian army, a cynical thief (pop star Adriano Celentano) teams with a naïve young baker (Enzo Terascio of THE DEAD ARE ALIVE!) to survive the brutality and absurdity of the Italian Revolution. Marilù Tolo (THE SCORPION WITH TWO TALES), Glauco Onorato (BLACK SABBATH) and Salvatore Baccaro (aka ‘Sal Boris’ of THE BEAST IN HEAT) co-star in this dark action-comedy that reflected turbulent ‘70s Italy and Argento’s own politics, from a story co-written by Enzo Ungari (THE LAST EMPEROR) and Luigi Cozzi (PAGANINI HORROR) with a rousing score by Giorgio Gaslini (DEEP RED), now scanned in 4K from the original negative with over 4½ hours of all-new Special Features.

fatboyslim142
    Last edited by fatboyslim142; 11-04-2022, 03:37 PM.

Not sure about the film, but I'd love that CD!

Comment

Never even heard of this, odd.

Comment

That's probably going to be an expensive set. I haven't seen it for a very long time, but not sure I would spend much on it. The film was all over the place.
        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Coming in March from Severin.

THE FIVE DAYS Comes to Blu-ray!

After FOUR FLIES ON GREY VELVET, Dario Argento stepped away from giallo to create what remains the only non-horror/thriller – and least-seen film – of his career: Set during 1848’s five-day siege of Milan by the Austrian army, a cynical thief (pop star Adriano Celentano) teams with a naïve young baker (Enzo Terascio of THE DEAD ARE ALIVE!) to survive the brutality and absurdity of the Italian Revolution. Marilù Tolo (THE SCORPION WITH TWO TALES), Glauco Onorato (BLACK SABBATH) and Salvatore Baccaro (aka ‘Sal Boris’ of THE BEAST IN HEAT) co-star in this dark action-comedy that reflected turbulent ‘70s Italy and Argento’s own politics, from a story co-written by Enzo Ungari (THE LAST EMPEROR) and Luigi Cozzi (PAGANINI HORROR) with a rousing score by Giorgio Gaslini (DEEP RED), now scanned in 4K from the original negative with over 4½ hours of all-new Special Features.

THE FIVE DAYS Special Features:

Audio Commentary With Troy Howarth, Author Of Murder By Design: The Unsane Cinema Of Dario Argento, and Mondo Digital's Nathaniel Thompson
          Talkin' 'Bout A Revolution — Interview With Director Dario Argento
          The Battle For Freedom — Interview With Screenwriter Luigi Cozzi
          For The First Time — Interview With Executive Producer Claudio Argento
          An Italian Story — Interview With Actress Carla Tatò
          Home Delivery — Interview With Actress Luisa De Santis
          174 Years Ago — Interview With Production Manager Angelo Iacono
          Dario Argento: The Man, The Myths & The Magic Author Alan Jones on THE FIVE DAYS
          Trailer
          TV Spots

Feature Specs for THE FIVE DAYS:

Aspect ratio: 2.35:1
          Audio: Italian Mono
          Subtitles: English
          Closed Captions: English SDH
          Region: A

Click image for larger version

Name:	five.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	130.3 KB