Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'il Commissario Di Ferro'(1978) – Stelvio Massi.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'il Commissario Di Ferro'(1978) – Stelvio Massi.

The relatively obscure, aptly titled late 70s poliziottesco 'il Commissario Di Ferro' (1978) aka 'The Iron Commissioner' has the good fortune to feature the dangerously dishy, heroically hypertensive, distractingly chiselled champion of the underdog; that ferociously fleet-fisted, majestically macho Maurizio Merli, with the film's female eye candy being voluptuously provided by a delectable duo of exquisite Eurocult lovelies, the uncommonly juicy-looking Janet Agren, and the no less slaveringly sensuous screen siren Mariangela 'Burial Ground' Giordano!

Capably directed by
    Poliziotteschi maestro Stelvio Massi, his moderately undercooked
    'il Commissario Di Ferrio', is, perhaps, not the most dynamic example of the genre, but it is not without charm, having a number of pleasingly indelicate scenes of Merli mayhem, and the righteously diggable crime-funk score by Lallo Gori is a delight! Not oft mentioned, but I have spent much of my misbegotten movie-obsessed life mentioning 'not oft mentioned' genre films, so, here we go again! Apparently 'il Commissario Di Ferro' was not a favourite of esteemed action maestro Merli, seemingly a problematic shoot, but, to be fair, when I first saw 'The Iron Commissioner' it robustly ticked MOST of my required Euro-crime boxes, even sans English subtitles! And appreciated on a more basic level, Massi's twin-fisted, late 70s poliziottesco still delivers enough of Maurizio Merli's Alpha-centric,serviceably slap-happy skell-thrashing to appease the more forgiving Merli fans who still relish his blissfully bellicose ouvre!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	MV5BMDdhZTU3MDYtMGM2NC00N2Q2LWJjM2MtN2U5NDA3YzRiOGQyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5MjA3OA@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	333.9 KB
ID:	401144

Working...
X