• Show
Clear All

• Severin Releasing Double Target / Cop Game / Born To Fight

Click image for larger version

Name:	doube.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	400880

“Take everything you think of with Bruno Mattei ‘Namsploitation’”, says DTV Connoisseur, “replace Reb Brown with Miles O’Keeffe, and that’s how awesome this movie is.” When terrorist attacks ravage Southeast Asia, the U.S. government recruits former loose-cannon commando Bob Ross (O’Keeffe, of TARZAN THE APE MAN and ATOR fame) to return to Vietnam, hunt down the Russian madman (Bo Svenson of THE INGLORIOUS BASTARDS) responsible, rescue his long-lost Amerasian son and destroy anything that gets in his way. Ottaviano Dell’Acqua (ZOMBIE 3), Luciano Pigozzi (STRIKE COMMANDO), Massimo Vanni (ROBOWAR) and Donald Pleasence co-star in what may be Mattei and screenwriters Claudio Fragasso & Rossella Drudi’s most absurdly ambitious and hyper-violent Philippines action epic of them all, now restored in 2K from the original negative.

Special Features:

Italian Masters Of War – Interview With Co-Director/Screenwriter Claudio Fragasso
    All About The Sentiment – Interview With Screenwriter Rossella Drudi
    Trailers
    Disc Specs:

Aspect ratio: 1.66:1
    Audio: English Stereo / Italian Stereo
    Closed Captions
    Region A
    Run time: 102 minutes

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Name:	cop.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	400882

After exploding miles of Philippine jungle, director Bruno Mattei and screenwriters Claudio Fragasso & Rossella Drudi borrow the plot of OFF LIMITS for an action-thriller that blasts more than just bamboo huts: In the final days of the Vietnam War, a squad of rogue U.S. soldiers begins slaughtering American officers. But when a tough Army investigator (Brent Huff of STRIKE COMMANDO 2) and his partner (Max Laurel of ROBOWAR) are assigned to the case, they’ll tear apart Manila-as-Saigon in a frenzy of machine guns, car chases, stock footage, an ear-worm theme song and some of the most brain-scorching miniatures in ‘80s Italian cinema. Candice Daly (ZOMBIE 4), Werner Pochath (BORN TO FIGHT) and Brett Halsey (THE DEVIL’S HONEY) co-star in this “instant classic” (Comeuppance Reviews), now restored in 2K from the original negative.

Special Features:

Sweet Home Manila – Interview With Screenwriter/Second Unit Director Claudio Fragasso
    Giallo In Saigon – Interview With Screenwriter Rossella Drudi
    The Last King Of The Philippines – Interview With Producer Franco Gaudenzi
    Extended Scenes
    Trailer
    Disc Specs:

Audio: English Mono / Italian Mono
    Closed Captions
    Region A
    Run time: 84 minutes

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Name:	born.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	400884

Shortly after completing STRIKE COMMANDO 2, director Bruno Mattei, screenwriters Claudio Fragasso & Rossella Drudi and stars Brent Huff (GWENDOLINE) & former Miss World/Bond Girl Mary Stavin immediately reloaded for another shot-in-the-Philippines exploding-hut classic: When a badass Vietnam veteran (Huff) is hired by a television reporter (Stavin) to return to the jungle hellhole where he was tortured as a P.O.W., the fuse is lit for betrayal, vengeance, massive fireballs, incongruous Austrians and “a slow-motion Brent Huff unloading millions of rounds of ammunition while screaming” (B&S About Movies). Romano Puppo (ROBOWAR), Werner Pochath (COP GAME) and Massimo Vanni (ZOMBIE 3) co-star in this action epic of “all-out Mattei mayhem” (Kult Eye Bleeder), now scanned in 2K from the original negative.

Special Features:

Audio Commentary With Actors Brent Huff And Mary Stavin (Theatrical Cut Only)
      Mr. Cobra Dundee – Interview With Screenwriter/Assistant Director Claudio Fragasso
      Cigarettes In Heaven – Interview With Screenwriter Rossella Drudi
      Trailer
      Disc Specs:

Audio: English Mono / Italian Mono
      Closed Captions
      Region A
      Run time: Theatrical Cut: 90 mins / Extended Cut: 93 mins

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Bravo, Severin. This is just so fucking awesome.
        Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

I don't think I've seen any of these, do they reach the dizzy heights of his horror flicks? I've mostly avoided 80s/90s Italian action apart from the Margheritis (which were fucking huge on VHS in the UK). Too much sleaze, too little time.
          I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
            I don't think I've seen any of these, do they reach the dizzy heights of his horror flicks? I've mostly avoided 80s/90s Italian action apart from the Margheritis (which were fucking huge on VHS in the UK). Too much sleaze, too little time.
            They're certainly not as wild as his horror films, nor do they have the magic WTF moments of Strike Commando, but they're certainly a fun time if you enjoy Mattei's particular brand of rip-off action schlock. To be honest these three are fairly indistinguishable, I've watched all of them in the past year or so and they all pretty much blend together though I think Double Target was the best of them. You get all the exploding huts and slumming name actors you expect but that's pretty much all you're getting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius View Post

They're certainly not as wild as his horror films, nor do they have the magic WTF moments of Strike Commando, but they're certainly a fun time if you enjoy Mattei's particular brand of rip-off action schlock. To be honest these three are fairly indistinguishable, I've watched all of them in the past year or so and they all pretty much blend together though I think Double Target was the best of them. You get all the exploding huts and slumming name actors you expect but that's pretty much all you're getting.
              Thanks, I might pick them up in a future sale then.
              I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius View Post

Uh-oh. I thought DOUBLE TARGET was kind of a bore. I've still got high hopes for the other two. At the very least, you can program these into a Mattei marathon and lose your mind.
                Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Working...
                X