RIP John Steiner (1941-2022)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP John Steiner (1941-2022)

RIP John Steiner (7 January 1941 – 31 July 2022). Everyone's favourite Brit in Italain cinema died in a car crash in California on 31 July 2022, at the age of 81.

One of my favourite actors & great in every film he was in.

I think he was the best thing about Caligula. Always fun to see him pop up in a movie, his creepy, slimy performance in Tenebrae is something to behold!
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

I really like his performance in MANNAJA.

Jesus, a car crash at 81. You live that long, only to die tragically. What a shame. RIP.
      Matt H.
      Last edited by Matt H.; 08-02-2022, 06:41 PM.
      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

He was a nice familiar face in a lot of italian shlock I love. RIP.
        "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	marat3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.9 KB ID:	398401
          In his roles, John Steiner often had a disquieting presence that I found oddly comforting. My first memory of him is in the Broadway stage production of The Persecution and Assassination of Jean-Paul Marat As Performed by the Inmates of the Asylum of Charenton Under the Direction of the Marquis de Sade.
          Though, in this play his character was more than disquieting and of no comfort at all. Later he did the film and continued acting for another 25 years or so.
          The above still of John with Glenda Jackson is from the film.
          George Barry
          Last edited by George Barry; 08-08-2022, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X