Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mondo Macabro Releasing In The Folds Of The Flesh

From their FB page:

"One of our next three (or four) titles will be the absolutely bonkers Spanish/Italian giallo IN THE FOLDS OF THE FLESH!

Though we didn't release it on DVD, this movie has "Mondo Macabro" written all over it and always has, and we are very excited to bring you in a brand-new restoration from the original film negative!

And check out this fab new custom artwork by the always-amazing Justin Coffee!

Likely will go on sale at the end of August! More details will be revealed in the coming weeks!"

Click image for larger version

Name:	292589654_1711644425845436_4324184366926930654_n.jpg
Views:	676
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	396474
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Another great choice. I remember the Severin DVD being very good so it will be interesting to see what kind of upgrade the blu-ray brings. Because of the film's nature, I wonder how it will hold up to repeated viewings.

Comment

Do you want incest? Do you want nazis? Do you want sex mad criminals? Do you want death by cuckoo clock? Then You want #inthefoldsoftheflesh

Comment

Is this watchable? I haven't seen it in a long time. Not sure when but it would have been on the Redemtpion VHS which I guess puts that viewing as ancient history. My memory at the time was that it was terrible. Did young me something?
        "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Dom, my only viewing was as an adult and I enjoyed its craziness. The dvd was an interlaced and possibly overscanned mess, so I'm looking forward to an upgrade.

Comment

From their FB page:

Coming to LE Blu-ray in September! One of the wildest and most un-hinged of all gialli! Sergio Bergonzelli’s IN THE FOLDS OF THE FLESH!

Night-time. A peal of thunder. A castle by the sea. A severed head rolls across a carpeted floor. A blood-stained sword lies next to it…
            Meanwhile police are in hot pursuit of a criminal who is evading capture on a speeding motorbike. He takes refuge in the overgrown castle grounds. And he sees a dark-haired woman burying a corpse in a shallow grave. 13 years later, after being recaptured and serving his sentence, the man returns to the castle, intent on blackmail. And maybe a few other things.

The above synopsis only covers the first few minutes of this wild psychedelic nightmare. Frequently described as one of the craziest of all Italian “giallo” thrillers, In the Folds of the Flesh is all that and more. Several dismembered heads are featured. Visitors arrive at the castle, only to be murdered in a variety of gruesome ways. Characters turn out not to be who they said they were… incest, madness, flashbacks, Etruscan skeletons and even a Nazi death camp are all woven into the fabric of the film.
            A sterling cast, led by dueling divas Pier Angeli and Eleonora Rossi Drago, liven up the proceedings and make this one of the most entertaining films of its genre. This is a world Blu-ray premier restored from the original negative.

DISC FEATURES

Region free world Blu-ray premiere
            Choice of English or Italian language track with optional Eng subs
            92 minutes, widescreen 1.85:1, color
            Brand new 2K restoration from the original negative
            Documentary featurette on director Bergonzelli
            Brand new audio commentary by film scholar Samm Deighan
            Trailers

LIMITED EDITION FEATURES

Reversible sleeve with brand new art by Justin Coffee on the A side and original ad art on the B side; 20 page booklet with a brand new essay by film scholar Roberto Curti; 1500 numbered copies in the usual red case

This will go on sale Thursday, September 8th at 9 AM Pacific/12 noon Eastern/11 AM Central ONLY at mondomacabro.bigcartel.com!
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	352.5 KB
ID:	398775

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	477.1 KB
ID:	398776
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall Crist View Post
                Dom, my only viewing was as an adult and I enjoyed its craziness. The dvd was an interlaced and possibly overscanned mess, so I'm looking forward to an upgrade.

Got around to rewatching this today. Not on MMs swanky new BluRay but on a copy that still looked a hell of a lot better than my old Redemption VHS. What a wild movie! Teenage me must have had no taste at all or else was simply not ready for this. Very well made for such an utterly tasteless, bonkers film. Sits well beside other wtf giallo like Deliro Caldo. Actually if you'd told me this was a Polsell film i would have believed you.
                "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Standard edition coming soon.

Name:	folds.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	190.5 KB
ID:	405867
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                  X