Mondo Macabro Releasing Horrible Sexy Vampire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mondo Macabro Releasing Horrible Sexy Vampire

And finally, the wild "based on a true story" Spanish horror film THE HORRIBLE SEXY VAMPIRE!

This will be available to purchase on June 30 at 9 AM Pacific Time (google what time that is where you live), only at mondomacabro.bigcartel.com!

PLEASE NOTE, this edition will come with a slipcover that we will be unveiling at a later date!

A series of murders is being committed. Both men and women are victims of a mystery assassin. The police think it is the work of a serial killer. The coroner is not sure it is so simple. He has been studying the case and has discovered that for nearly a hundred years in the same district people have been killed in the same way and according to a very distinct time pattern.

To the astonishment of the investigating officer, the coroner says he believes the killings to be the work of a supernatural creature - a vampire.
    Soon a stranger arrives in the area, claiming to be the sole descendent of the long dead baron who was believed to be a vampire. He accompanies the police into the burial vaults of the ancient castle, where a dreadful sight awaits them.
    Something of a holy grail for fans of European horror cinema, and notorious for its frequent scenes of nudity, the film has been unavailable for many years. This is a world premier Blu-ray release. Filmed in Germany in the snowy winter of 1969, the film has a unique and morbid atmosphere and features an astonishing performance from Jess Franco favorite Wal Davis as both vampire and victim.

DISC FEATURES

Region Free
    Brand new digitally restored 4K scan of 35mm vault materials
    Choice of English or Spanish audio with optional English subtitles
    Brand new audio commentary by David Flint and Adrian J Smith
    Animated press book and publicity stills
    Trailer

LIMITED EDITION FEATURES

Slipover (art to be unveiled later); 24 page full color booklet by Ismael Fernandez; set of 5 double sided art cards; 1200 numbered copies in the usual red case

Click image for larger version

Name:	285653094_1687213874955158_8719833904480827606_n.jpg
Views:	695
Size:	305.6 KB
ID:	394427
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

"Yes, HORRIBLE SEXY VAMPIRE will be getting a slipcover for this LE release, for no other reason other than we wanted to include this art. We hope you approve.

And, just so you know, that is NOT a misprint on the back. 'ORRIBLE SEXY VAMPIRE is how the title appears on the ad art this is taken from!

Don't forget this goes on sale June 30th at 9 AM Pacific/12 Noon Eastern, only at mondomacabro.bigcartel.com!"

Name:	287321991_1692946134381932_3883275460833975146_n.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	395274
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Got this in the mail today (along with LOVE BRIDES OF THE BLOOD MUMMY) and was getting ready to post a snarky reaction to the ORRIBLE bit there but I see they've already acknowledged it.

I was going to make this obvious joke..."I didn't know they were including the Cockney version as well. 'Eez a 'Orrible Sexy Vampire, That One Eez.'"
      Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

Standard edition coming 10/11/22 (without the orrible cover art!).

Name:	Horrible Sexy Vampire.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	398514
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Toyboy View Post
          Got this in the mail today (along with LOVE BRIDES OF THE BLOOD MUMMY) and was getting ready to post a snarky reaction to the ORRIBLE bit there but I see they've already acknowledged it.

I was going to make this obvious joke..."I didn't know they were including the Cockney version as well. 'Eez a 'Orrible Sexy Vampire, That One Eez.'"
          Let us know what you make of it and Love Brides.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G View Post

Let us know what you make of it and Love Brides.
            The Overlook Horror Encyclopedia says SEXY VAMPIRE is "incompetent" and "worse than average". I wouldn't go that far but compared to the Jess Franco and Jean Rollin films of the era it's a bit of a letdown. The lead, Waldemar Wohlfahrt, is the saving grace, or at least his hair and wardrobe are. He even puts on a Sailor Ripley-style snakeskin jacket at one point and the English dub gives him a slight lisp which adds to his appeal as an unconventional leading man. You get some super puffy nipples in the opening scene - both male and female - and some great sets but it could have used some more stylish cinematography and lighting to push it over the edge into a potential classic. Someone like Renato Polselli would have made this into something super cool.

It doesn't look like LOVE BRIDES got a review in the Encyclopedia but I'd wager that it would read roughly the same. Great premise that just needed a little more style and/or sleaze. I also really wish the 'mummy' had been wrapped in bandages, but I guess I'll just rewatch SINGAPORE SLING to get some real mummy-humping. The condensed 8mm version almost plays better than the feature as it gets right to the point. Both movies could be fun with a group of people, or maybe everyone would get bored and play cards instead.
            Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

Working...
            X