Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mondo Macabro Releasing Love Brides Of The Blood Mummy

LOVE BRIDES OF THE BLOOD MUMMY (1972)
    This will be available to purchase on June 30 at 9 AM Pacific Time (google what time that is where you live), only at mondomacabro.bigcartel.com!

Available for the first time on home video anywhere in the world, comes the complete and uncut version of this legendary rarity from 1973. The film contains extended scenes of sex and violence that are among the most intense and shocking of any film from this period.

DISC FEATURES

Region Free
    Brand new digitally restored 4K scan of the film negative
    Choice of English or French audio with optional English subtitles
    Brand new audio commentary by David Flint
    Super 8mm cutdown version
    Alternate scenes
    Trailers
    Gallery of publicity materials

LIMITED EDITION FEATURES

Reversible cover sleeve with original ad art on each side; 24 page full color booklet by Pete Tombs; set of 5 double sided art cards; 1200 numbered copies in the usual red case

Click image for larger version

Name:	285234064_1687204321622780_4971802710661319769_n.jpg
Views:	1119
Size:	332.7 KB
ID:	394424

Name:	284847875_1687204341622778_5497633676479524383_n.jpg
Views:	1489
Size:	524.3 KB
ID:	394425
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I want it.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Great announcements from Mondo Macabro this month - looks like they'll be getting three pre-orders out of me, god bless 'em.

(I've never seen 'Love Brides of the Blood Mummy' or 'The Horrible Sexy Vampire', but I think I owe it to the visitors to my home who enjoy gawping at the titles in my movie collection to pick up both, just on general principle...)
      https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
      http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BW Haggar View Post
        Great announcements from Mondo Macabro this month - looks like they'll be getting three pre-orders out of me, god bless 'em.

(I've never seen 'Love Brides of the Blood Mummy' or 'The Horrible Sexy Vampire', but I think I owe it to the visitors to my home who enjoy gawping at the titles in my movie collection to pick up both, just on general principle...)
        The Horrible Sexy Vampire is one of the greatest movie titles OF ALL TIME!

Comment

Originally posted by BW Haggar View Post
          I'm gonna need both of these too, but i'll be patient and wait for the regular editions.

Comment

This looks like it could be fun, especially uncut. Great cover art.

Comment

Standard edition coming 10/11/22.

Name:	bm.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	180.9 KB
ID:	398512
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

So I finally got around to watching 'Love Brides of the Blood Mummy' last night.... and what a deeply peculiar business it is. Very glad I watched it alone, as I honestly can't imagine more than about 1% of potential modern viewers would gain much enjoyment from this (and most of that 1% are probably posting here).

It's glacially slow, with a musty, decayed colour scheme and a kind of morbid, faintly depressing atmosphere which mixes very strangely with the totally absurd plotline and lengthy scenes of gratuitous, rape-heavy, rather joyless sexploitation. Yet it's also so full of odd, inexplicable elements and moments of unintentional surrealism (as well as lots of awesome library music)... it's kind of fascinating.

I'm also very proud of my Euro-horror taste-testing skills, because whilst watching, the comparison which kept coming to mind was Pierre Chevalier's 'Orloff Against The Invisble Man'... then this morning I start reading Pete Tombs' very well researched booklet and discover that, in all likelyhood, Chevalier probably directed at least some scenes in this one, whilst 'Orloff..'s writer Juan Fortuny was involved on the production side too. Bam! Nailed it. Just something about the hyper-specific vibe of that French/Spanish sexy/gothic early '70s interzone I suppose...

Comment

Somehow that sold me. Probably oughta get a 1 percenter biker patch.

Comment

The retail version had appeared on Amazon.ca and I'm tempted...suspect it is the kinda movie I'll either end up really digging or being disappointed in.

Comment

A lot of it basically plays like a Eurocine sleaze movie directed by someone suffering from chronic depression (lots of trudging around the freezing-looking countryside in-between mechanical Mummy-rape sequences)... but if that sounds like something you can hang with, it definitely has its own weird groove.

Comment

"...the comparison which kept coming to mind was Pierre Chevalier's 'Orloff Against The Invisble Man'..."

Same here, for me I mostly made the comparison with the great sets and wonderfully decaying colors along with their shared quirkiness.

For those who are wondering if they should buy a copy based off the covers, both covers are a bit misleading IMO especially the second illustrated cover.
                        There's no actual walking, rotting dead in the film unless I somehow missed it.
                        They even made the Pharaoh(?) on the first cover look much more frightening. (again, unless I missed a moment of transformation)

In the end I just love how odd and beautiful these two films look, even with the hues and contrast changing every minute or so with Orloff...

Comment

Sounds up my alley.

Comment

After a second look It's Orloff that has colors and contrast all over the map to the point of being almost psychedelic due to the surviving print.
                            Love Brides really just shares in the same storyline quirkiness and similar crumbling authentic sets.

Comment

That's gotta be the rapiest Mummy in cinema.

A tale of grand castles, mummy rape and full 70s bush. Sounds like a night at the movies. However, there's a long stretch through the middle of this where we follow a hapless henchman capturing women and then bringing them back to the castle to be raped by the mummy. Rinse, repeat. At some point during that stretch I think i mentally zoned out and missed a bit. If there was anything to miss that is.

Needs to be watched in one of those meditative, brain entirely off, fugue states that I usually reserve for Jean Rollin movies. Think my brain was somewhere else today. Onto The Orrible Sexy Vampire.
                              "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Working...
                              X