Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Tango of Perversion' (1974) - Kostas Karagiannis.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Tango of Perversion' (1974) - Kostas Karagiannis.

‘Tango of Perversion’ (1975) is an absolutely atypical example of exhilarating, Jess-Franco-esque exploitation cinema from sun-hazed Greece. Able Director, Kostas Karagiannis doesn't appear to be a sleazoid neophyte, as he corals his feisty, demonstratively nubile cast with great aplomb, and gets on with the sublimely sordid matters at hand with admirable alacrity! This especially lurid narrative concerns the exploitative, and overtly libidinous orbits of one triumphantly Greek alpha male, Stathis; a tall, handsome, and brooding manipulator, who finds little trouble blithely oozing his way into the confidences of innumerable young women, only to frustratingly discover that he is emotionally unable to keep hold of this most beauteous bounty, having been only temporarily bestowed upon him by his prosaic game-play!

This wonderfully pulpy tale of arch, self-serving sexual machinations and subsequent mania is amusingly handled by director, Karagiannis, and I found myself wholly absorbed, not only by this most splendidly illicit bacchanal, but by the fascinating perversity exhibited by these uncommonly seedy, amoral characters, all of whom spiral inexorably into a gloriously angst-laden, Giallo-esque vortex of fervid sex and hysterical, bloody violence! I must admit that my initial, pre-viewing interest was somewhat perfunctory, but merest seconds into the preternaturally funky, hep-cat title sequence my initial fears were demonstratively allayed, as the triumphantly titillating, sordidly satisfying, ‘Tango of Perversion' proved to be a exhilarating exploration of murderous, Mediterranean-set decadence! This garish, fleshy farrago of fulsome pulchritude is a wickedly entertaining descent into deliriously dark erotic fantasy, and one entirely deserving of the recent Mondo Macabro Bluray/DVD restoration.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	51ixhswuFAL._AC_.jpg
Views:	497
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	393046

Name:	Greek8.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	393048

Name:	tango3big.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	393050

Name:	Tango-of-Perversion-Jennifer-Wynne-15.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	393052

Name:	Tango-of-Perversion-Joanna-and-Steve-04.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	393053

Name:	tango5big.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	393057

Name:	Tango-of-Perversion-Jennifer-Wynne-15.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	393058

Name:	Tango-of-Perversion-Joanna-and-Steve-04.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	393059

Name:	Greek8.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	393063

Attached Files

Pete Tombs on Facebook said there are more Greek films in the pipeline.

Comment

Aye! Splendid news, good sir!

Comment

Working...
      X