Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VCI Releasing The Criminal Life Of Archibaldo De La Cruz (Ensayo De Un Crimen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VCI Releasing The Criminal Life Of Archibaldo De La Cruz (Ensayo De Un Crimen)

Coming in August from VCI...

The Criminal Life Of Archibaldo De La Cruz (Ensayo De Un Crimen)(1955)

Possibly Luis Bunuel's most underrated film, "The Criminal Life of Archibaldo de la Cruz" is executed in traditional Bunuel fashion, where macabre meets comedy.
    The story begins when an overindulged young boy of 'privilege' is shown a music box, which is a family air loom, alleged to cause the death of an enemy when played. The boy decides to test it out, setting his sights on his nanny, who'd recently offended him, wishing for her death. When moments later, a stray bullet from a revolutionary's gun sails though the window killing her, the twisted boy is convinced this was no accident and finds that he likes his newfound 'power'. Taking on the mind of a serial killer, he carries this mindset into adulthood, plotting, planning, fanaticizing, and 'wishing', with women as his victims. The irony of it all is, his efforts to carry out these crimes are always thwarted by outside forces, be it 'twist of fate' or 'providence', making him a serial killer in 'mind' only.

Click image for larger version

Name:	277807357_1648005315542681_6970181893166951175_n.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	390847
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

VCI and Bunuel? Didn't see that coming....

Pardon me, I just noticed on the cover art it's Bunel, not Bunuel. Classic quality control, VCI style!
    Matt H.
    Last edited by Matt H.; 04-09-2022, 10:34 AM.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Great movie but yeah VCI is an odd one to be releasing it.

Comment

VCI previously released EL BRUTO a couple of years ago.

Comment

Yikes, apparently their release of EL BRUTO has a horrible transfer and is a BD-r. I'm frankly quite shocked at this news.
          Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

I didn't pick up EL BRUTO, but THE SKELETON OF MRS MORALES and HASTA EL VIENTO TIENE MIEDO were released at the same time and looked very good. I did decide to go with pressed DVD's over burned Blu's though.

Comment

Working...
            X