Malombra Films Releasing The Sex Of Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Malombra Films Facebook page on 20 June 2022

"Here at Malombra we have been very busy with the legal issues surrounding The Sex of Angels; but don't you worry, everything will be solved as soon as possible."

Comment

They're back:

Well, well, well... we are back!
      Hello all Malombra fans,

Glad to announce that the campaign is back on! Please, share with friends!

Due to the legal issues we have recently faced, the shipping has been postponed to late August; I hope you can all understand. Please, feel free to e-mail for any issues or questions you may have.

Best and beyond,

Malombra Team.

Comment

Anyone else backing this. The July 2022 release date concerns me.

Comment

I'm an easy mark, so yeah. They've postponed shipping to August; things were probably on hold while they cleared up their legal troubles.

Comment

Finished discs are held at customs, and likely to ship in new year at this point. No updates to the indiegogo page, but the facebook page is pretty communicative. Discount offered on their next release, Bava's THE ROAD TO FORT ALAMO.

November 23rd:

Hello Malombrans,
            Sorry for the radio silence.
            Here at Malombra we are working tirelessly to bring you your news edition of The Sex of Angels. The Blu-Rays are finished but currently held at UK-Italy customs; once they are cleared we will ship them off for you to enjoy!
            Best and Beyond,
            Malombra Team

December 7:

Hello all Malombrans,
            Please, excuse us for this message; we have yet to receive any update from customs and we can't say how long this will take; unfortunately, we think this might happen in a few weeks since holidays are approaching. Being our first release, we were unaware of these processes and we will make sure it won't happen again for future titles.
            For this reason, we are giving all of you who have purchased a copy of The Sex of Angels a 35% discount on our second title: The Road to Fort Alamo, which we promise will take much less time to ship.
            Please, let us know if you have any concerns and we will be happy to assist you.
            Best and Beyond,
            Malombra Team
            https://www.facebook.com/malombrafilms/

Comment

As of today Malombra rolled back the future purchase discount to 20%, but stated that it will also apply to their coming disc of Vampire of the Opera. Anybody who releases more Polselli is jake with me.

Comment

Shipping, I guess? January 23rd facebook update:

Finally, we have received the last box from customs; containing your editions of The Sex of Angels. We will now start shipping one by one. We will send you all a tracking number each; within the beginning of next week all Blu-ray editions will be shipped.
                https://www.facebook.com/malombrafilms/

Comment

My copy shipped today.

Comment

My copy arrived yesterday. It shipped directly from Italy, presumably in response to the customs issue. The disc itself is burnt rather than pressed, which is a disappointment, but the picture looked good in the parts I sampled. As Mr Monroe noted, the soundtrack is great.

Comment

Originally posted by mjeon View Post
                      My copy arrived yesterday. It shipped directly from Italy, presumably in response to the customs issue. The disc itself is burnt rather than pressed, which is a disappointment, but the picture looked good in the parts I sampled. As Mr Monroe noted, the soundtrack is great.
                      Glad you like the soundtrack. I'm hoping my copy of the film will arrive in the next week or so.
                      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

The picture is beautiful. Malombra did a fine job on the disc.

Comment

Just got this as a pressed disc (2nd printing) from Diabolik. Pretty happy with it. I tend to really like hazy, slowburn Euro-Cult psychodramas. Hopefully they'll follow up by releasing May Morning by the same director.

Comment

I hope they're sending out replacements to all the backers that got BD-Rs.
                            I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Working...
                            X