• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Releasing Rogue Cops And Racketeers

Coming to Blu-ray in April from Arrow Video - Rogue Cops and Racketeers
    •The Big Racket
    •The Heroin Busters

2-DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
    - Brand new 2K restorations of both films from the original 35mm camera negatives by Arrow Films
    - High Definition Blu-ray™ (1080p) presentations
    - Original Italian and English front and end titles
    - Restored original lossless mono Italian and English soundtracks
    - Newly translated English subtitles for the Italian soundtracks
    - Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtracks
    - New audio commentaries on both films by critics Adrian J. Smith and David Flint
    - Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the films by Roberto Curti and Barry Forshaw
    - Limited edition packaging with reversible sleeves featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Colin Murdoch
    - Twelve double-sided, postcard-sized lobby card reproduction artcards

DISC 1 – THE BIG RACKET
    - The Years of Racketeering, a new video interview with co-writer/director Enzo G. Castellari
    - Violent Times, a new video interview with actor Fabio Testi
    - Angel Face for a Tough Guy, a new video interview with actor Massimo Vanni
    - King of Movieola, a new video interview with editor Gianfranco Amicucci
    - The Great Racket, a new appreciation and career retrospective of composers Guido and Maurizio De Angelis by musician and disc collector Lovely Jon
    - Theatrical trailer
    - Image gallery

DISC 2 – THE HEROIN BUSTERS
    - Endless Pursuit, a new video interview with co-writer/director Enzo G. Castellari
    - Drug Squad, a new video interview with actor Fabio Testi
    - The Drug Dealer, a new video interview with actor Massimo Vanni
    - How They Killed Italian Cinema, a new video interview with editor Gianfranco Amicucci
    - A Cop on the Set, a new video interview with retired poliziotto and criminologist Nicola Longo
    - The Eardrum Busters, a new appreciation and career retrospective of composers Goblin by musician and disc collector Lovely Jon
    - Theatrical trailer
    - Image gallery

Click image for larger version  Name:	272691896_1600126963663850_1018963721779480395_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	82.6 KB ID:	386454

Click image for larger version  Name:	272813260_1600126966997183_3099977093978141581_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.0 KB ID:	386455
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Great stuff.

Looking forward to watching 'The Big Racket' again in particular.
    https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
    http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

Both great movies but wondering if I should upgrade or not.

Comment

I’m stoked to see Arrow releasing more poliziottesch films on Blu-ray and will happily pick this up.

Comment

I just wished I liked HEROIN BUSTERS more than I do, or I would be super-excited to get this, whereas THE BIG RACKET? That movie freakin’ DELIVERS!

Comment

I love the way that Fabio Testi goes undercover in Heroin Busters by cunningly wearing a denim jacket with someone else's name on the back. Castellari is the one big Italian cult director that I have difficulty getting in to.
            I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

finally! racket is one of my fav poliziescos and heroin busters is a big guilty pleasure with a kickass score by goblin. weird choice by arrow to release only those two though and not grabbing street law and high crime for a complete enzo g. crime box set. I mean I already bought the other two on blu-ray so it's perfect for me, but street law and high crime had no official UK hd-release yet afaik ... so it's kinda odd.
              killer must kill again
              Last edited by killer must kill again; 01-31-2022, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by killer must kill again View Post
                finally! racket is one of my fav poliziescos and heroin busters is a big guilty pleasure with a kickass score by goblin. weird choice by arrow to release only those two though and not grabbing street law and high crime for a complete enzo g. crime box set. I mean I already bought the other two on blu-ray so it's perfect for me, but street law and high crime had no official UK hd-release yet afaik ... so it's kinda odd.
                If I'm remembering correctly, I think Studio Canal owns the UK rights for 'High Crime'. They submitted it to the BBFC a while back, suggesting a release might be on the cards, but then just released a cut/botched version in France, and, uh, nothing further since then as far as I'm aware...?
                https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
                http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

Amazon has this for $37.99 (46% off).

https://amzn.to/3j5A3hF
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                  X