Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two Django Double Features Coming From Shout! Factory 12/11/12!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Django Double Features Coming From Shout! Factory 12/11/12!

All credit to Mondo Digital for uploading these images to Facebook.

Didn't want these to get lost in the larger SW thread.

Amaozon has a killer pre-order price right now.

A Man Called Django/Django And Sartana's Showdown In The West - $6.95!

Click image for larger version

Name:	dj2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	362871

Django Kills Silently/A Pistol For Django - $6.95!

Name:	dj1.jpg
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	362872
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

And given that both covers are touting the new Tarantino movie, at least some good is starting to come out of it!
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Yeah, at that price these are a no-brainer. The one I haven't seen is A PISTOL FOR DJANGO aka DJANGO'S CUT PRICE CORPSES, looking forward to that. It doesn't have a good reputation - was directed by the eccentric Luigi Batzella of NUDE FOR SATAN fame so it should at least be insane trash. I bet the quality will be nice for these too.

At the very least we might get a bunch of new dvd releases of any spaghetti western that had Django in its title in some country.
      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Django's Cut Price Corpses is a much cooler title.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The question is, who will step up and release NUDE DJANGO? David Friedman had a hand in this. Love some of the names listed.

Name:	DN.jpg
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	339688

Comment

That's a Dietrich one that we haven't seen - I don't know of any DVD release of that in any territory. Would love to see it, I bet it's horrible.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

And here's the press release:

-------------

Available December 11th from Timeless Media Group

Before there was Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained, there was Django-the highly influential Spaghetti Western film series. On December 11, Timeless Media Group, a division of Shout! Factory, brings you four of the most riveting films in this classic franchise in two DVD collections. With newly re-mastered prints and all-new bonus features, these double features have a suggested retail price of $6.95 and are a must-have for fans of Westerns and cult cinema fans alike.

Django! A Man Called Django / Django and Sartana Showdown in the West Double Feature

A Man Called Django (1971): After Django's wife is raped and killed by a group of ruthless renegades, Django (Anthony Steffen) rescues the only man who can identify the murders, a loud mouthed thief who is about to be hanged. The men team up and head west, looking for revenge!

Django and Sartana Showdown in the West (1970): A vicious gang of outlaws abduct Jessica Colby and flee to Mexico! Django (Franco Borelli) the bounty hunter and Sartana the gunslinger join forces to rescue her from the gang!

*Bonus features on this collection include all-new trailers and poster gallery

Django! Cut Price Corpses / Django Kills Silently Double Feature

Django Kills Silently (1967): A small caravan of colonists are fighting off an attack by a band of Mexican outlaws, when a young cowboy named Django (George Eastman) happens to come to their aid. After saving a young woman, Liana, they travel to Santa Anna to find the outlaws and avenge her husband's death!

Django's Cut Price Corpses (1971): Bounty hunter, Django (Jeff Cameron), is hot on the trail of infamous bank robbers, the Cortez Brothers. But he's not alone. Fulton is sent by the bank to get the money back; Pickwick is after a saddle stolen from him; Pedro and Dolores, saloon owners, also would like to get the stolen loot!

*Bonus features on this collection includes a poster gallery

About Timeless Media Group:

Timeless Media Group, a division of Shout! Factory, LLC, produces and distributes a variety of home entertainment products, including classic television programming, first run movies and its own award-winning military history documentaries, along with an extensive offering of special interest DVD and Blu-rayâ„¢ collections. Visit timelessvideo.com.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I watched A MAN CALLED DJANGO! recently (always preferred W DJANGO! as the title) and say what you will about the transfer, it's still the best-looking version I've seen. I have the Dagored disc, no surprise that one looked shitty - and was cut to boot, but this new Shout dvd also tops the NEW disc I have. For the price these are a great value and a few posters and the trailer are included too.

If they had left out the few comedy elements - mostly in the early portion - this would be among my top 5 or so Steffen sw. As it is, it's still one of his better ones. I love THE STRANGERS GUNDOWN but I rate GARRINGO as his best I think.
                Andrew Monroe
                Pallid Hands
                Last edited by Andrew Monroe; 12-13-2012, 09:22 AM. Reason: GARRINGO...SHANGO...they all GO round and round in my head sometimes

Comment

Yeah, it holds up well. And I agree that W Django is a cooler title.

Hopefully these do well and Shout!/Timeless expand on the line. You really cannot beat these for the price.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                    That's a Dietrich one that we haven't seen - I don't know of any DVD release of that in any territory. Would love to see it, I bet it's horrible.
                    I am interested too...but like you say...probably shite!!

Comment

Working...
                    X