Fan Subs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan Subs

So I keep hearing about fan subs for movies that haven't been released in English. I know nothing about this. Are they only available through Cinemageddon? It would seem a bit silly to torrent something that would be that small. Anyway 'splain 'em to me. Where do they come from, where do you get 'em and which are the best films they make available?
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

There's a megatorrent on Cinemageddon that has subs for all of the Eyetalian shit. Not quite sure what you're asking though. If you find a flick that lacks subs, generally the sub file -if it's not included- is listed in the credits or in the comment section. You download the subs, add the srt file in the same folder as the flick and viola!
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I get a lot of my fansubbed stuff through trades.

As far as what's available, way too many to list! There's many great films I've been able to see thanks to the hard work of these dedicated folks.
      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
        There's a megatorrent on Cinemageddon that has subs for all of the Eyetalian shit. Not quite sure what you're asking though. If you find a flick that lacks subs, generally the sub file -if it's not included- is listed in the credits or in the comment section. You download the subs, add the srt file in the same folder as the flick and viola!
        I don't download much and not at all from Cinemaggedon. Not a member there and don't really want to become one because they're dicks. I was more thinking of getting subs for legit releases like the upcoming Libido. I remember there were a bunch of films in the past that I passed on because there were no subs on them though I don't remember the titles now. Just after some of those titles- though I should probably just stop being a lazy bastard and trawl through a Italian DVD store- and tips on where to get subs for them. Like I was saying, given their size there's no reason to limit .srt files to torrents. It would be easy enough to just stick 'em up somewhere for direct download. Has no one done that yet?
        "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

You could try opensubs.org? That has lots of subtitles with direct download.

Comment

That's what I'm looking for. Thank you Sir. Now any recommendations from anyone for top Italian releases that came sans subs?

BTW just searching through the Diabolik catalogue for ideas- unfortunately they don't seem to handle films that don't have an English option- and I noticed a Swedish release of Sweet Body Of Deborah that I hadn't heard tell of. Haven't seen Deborah in long time but I remember it being good.

Comment

That Swedish release of THE SWEET BODY OF DEBORAH has forced Swedish subs. Love the film (and the killer Nora Orlandi s/t).

PENSIONE PAURA is a good dvd to look for, it's from Francesco Barilli of PERFUME OF THE LADY IN BLACK fame. Next Video released it on dvd several years ago, I got mine from Xploited when they were still going so I don't know how much luck you'll have finding it at this stage. It's a similar story of madness and murder with Leonora Fani and Luc Merenda. There are subs out there for it.
              I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

I read that. I'm not sure if by forced they mean burned in. If it's not burned in it should be pretty easy to remove. Anyone know where I can get subs for The Horrible Dr Hitchcock? I've searched around and come up dry but the Medusa DVD looks amazing.

Comment

From subtitleseeker.com....

http://www.subtitleseeker.com/005631...itles/English/

Which will also lead you to the original uploader here...

http://www.turkcealtyazi.org/sub/290...-hichcock.html
                  sukebanboy
                  Last edited by sukebanboy; 09-13-2012, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X