Clear All

• Umbrella Entertainment Releasing Suspiria On Blu-ray 10/3/12

From Umbrella's website:

Collection Rating: R
    Region Code: 4 DVD / Region B Blu Ray
    Format: 1080p High Definition
    Aspect Ratio: 16:9
    Audio Format: 5.1

No word on what audio options will be there, or subs, or if this will recycle the buggered up UK transfer (I suspect that it will). As I've already got the UK release, I'll wait and find out before plunking down on this.

Extras:

-Fear at 400 Degrees: the Cine-Excess of Suspiria
    -25th Anniversary Suspiria Documentary
    -Exclusive Interview with Dario Argento An Eye For Horror Documentary
    -Radio & TV Spots
    -Poster Gallery
    -Theatrical Trailer
    -Argento Trailer Collection

Click image for larger version

Name:	DAVID2675_pv.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	362831
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Why? Is the one we have a RB?
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

It's RB, which isn't a problem, but don't you remember the transfer was all blown out in some spots? There were serious issues with the color on it.

Given that this ports over some of the extras from that UK disc, I'm assuming the transfer will also be the same. But that's just a guess.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I remember some of the colors were almost too colorful. This release corrects that?

EDIT: Oh, nevermind... just read the second part.
        Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Ah SUSPIRIA, the "Freebird" of eurocult. At this point I just can't get worked up about another release of this film.
          I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

It wont be a new transfer. I think the market down this way is a bit too small to be shelling out for something like that.
            "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Anyone know who has the US rights these days? It was with the Weinsteins at a point (I guess when they entertained the idea of a remake).

Comment

As far as I know, the Weinsteins still have it. As far as the remake goes, I'm pretty sure it's still happening:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1034415/
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Maybe not so surprisingly, according to comments here this is the same overblown weird hot looking transfer that was on the UK disc.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

All I have is the Anchor Bay Limited Edition 2-DVD 1 CD set from 2001.

Been wanting to upgrade. I thought Blue Underground issued a Blu-ray but I don't see it anywhere so ... I welcome a domestic Blu-ray, assuming that it's right.
                    "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
                    - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

What was wrong with these:

http://www.amazon.com/Suspiria-Barba...words=suspiria

http://www.amazon.com/NEW-Suspiria-b...words=suspiria
                      "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
                      - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

The colors are completely blown out on a few key scenes. Given your reaction to the NOTLD90 color tweaking, I don't want to speak for you but I'm pretty sure you'd be unhappy with it.

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDRev...dvd_review.htm

Also, this image was posted in the Blu-ray.com thread:

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

With that said, I have the disc, the sound is very good on it. There's more detail and texture than on the DVD. But the color tweaking bothered me.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I would definitely buy another Blu-ray of Suspiria if it was corrected, but for now the U.K. Blu-ray is fine for me. I'll take it over the Anchor Bay DVD any day - the detail is far better and the sound mix is incredible, even on my crappy TV speakers.

Comment

Working...
                            X