No announcement yet.

Giallo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got the X-Rated DEBORAH disc, and I watched it a week or two ago. It's very nice. The film elements could use a bit more fixing up, but the transfer is otherwise quite excellent, and the Italian audio track sounded fine. Whether the price is worth it to you is another question, but the disc gets good marks in my book.

Comment

Yeah I was impressed with SBOD blu. I'm happy with that purchase. Quality art on the cover too.

And to answer your question Paul, its a No, I never did pick up the LOVE and DEATH release.

Comment

Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
        And to answer your question Paul, its a No, I never did pick up the LOVE and DEATH release.
        If you've not seen the film before, that's probably a better blind buy than NIGHT RIPPER; the disc's a good one, with a strong presentation of the film too - though of course, it's DVD only :)
        'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
        'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Originally posted by Damin J. Toell View Post
          I've got the X-Rated DEBORAH disc, and I watched it a week or two ago. It's very nice. The film elements could use a bit more fixing up, but the transfer is otherwise quite excellent, and the Italian audio track sounded fine. Whether the price is worth it to you is another question, but the disc gets good marks in my book.
          Thanks for the info, will have to get it eventually.

Comment

I should add that the English subtitles appeared to me to be dubtitles (a transcription of the English dub, which isn't even present, rather than a translation of the Italian dialogue), and there were a noticeable amount of typos. Neither issue impacted the viewing for me, but I figured it might helpful for you to know in advance.

Comment

OK, thanks again. Ill hold off a while on this to see if it comes out elsewhere.

Comment

About 20 minutes ago, Alan Jones tweeted out that today he is going to be recording commentaries with Kim Newman for Arrow's releases of THE BLOODSTAINED BUTTERFLY and THE RED QUEEN KILLS 7 TIMES.

Comment

The Bloodstained Butterfly, WOW! That's a great one and it came out of nowhere.

Comment

All for it! Bloodstained is in the top-ten Gialli for me.

Comment

Wow, BSB and RQK7T. I'm in!!!

Comment

I always found bloodstained butterfly a chore to sit through. the stretched out courtroom scenes, the lack of kills and sleaze, the readily identifiable twist ... I prefer both miraglia's above this one - any day of the week.

Comment

I had BLOODSTAINED BUTTERFLY and RED QUEEN on DVD-R years back and both films were gauranteed to send me to sleep.

Comment

Great news about both, especially Red Queen.

Comment

Red Queen Kills is flipping great! Never seen Bloodstained Butterfly.
                              https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

Arrow is really killing it all over right now. Extra pleasing with all the gialli, since a lot of them have been missing in action on bluray up until now. I hope these sell well and we'll see more of the real obscure stuff without DVD releases in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X