X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shameless Releasing Amsterdamned 10/22/12

No formal details yet but they did just announce this:

"SHEER SHOCK-HORROR BRILLIANCE! - Film Review

'Stylishly atmospheric Dutch thriller by Dick Maas, a fast, gory, immensely entertaining horror flick ... A mad serial killer in a diver's wetsuit emerges from the murky water of Amsterdam's canals to murder people in nasty ways.. Ingeniously staged killings, terrific chases... And a fascinating making-of documentary' - Philip French, The Guardian.

Rarely seen, heart-stopping, horror action-thriller finally gets the release it deserves: remastered and featuring an in-depth making-of by Director Dick Maas.

Amsterdamned will be released on DVD by Shameless Screen Entertainment on 22 October 2012."

The whole movie is up on youtube but the quality lousy. Have a trailer instead:

I haven't seen this in a long, long time but I remember enjoying it quite a bit when I did see it.... fifteen years or so ago maybe? I feel old now.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I haven't watched it in a long time either, but I liked it. I always pair this with THE EMBALMER though this one is better I think.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

But... AMSTERDAMNED was already released in the UK by another company Marc Morris works with. Wtf?

Comment

Nucleus released it? No mention of it on their site.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

It was via Nouveaux, which I thought Marc was also involved with. I believe he's associated with Arrow, Shameless, Nucleus, Nouveaux, and Odeon (on different levels, but I think Nucleus is the only one that is technically his).

Comment

Gotcha. And you're right, they did release it.

http://www.moviemail.com/film/dvd/Amsterdamned/

Wonder if the Shameless release will differ? Mark has an account and lurks here sometimes. Maybe he'll chime in.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
            X