Enrico Maria Salerno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enrico Maria Salerno

Anyone else a fan of this great Italian actor? I was rewatching EXECUTION SQUAD via the new COLOSSEO dvd and was reminded yet again how much I like this guy. He brings a genuine gravitas to his police inspector roles. They seem like real people, he's tough when necessary but also has a human side that Merli for example didn't always project. There are only a few brief scenes of his life off-duty in EXECUTION SQUAD but they're so genuine it's very easy to think of him as a real man. In addition to ES, he was in the excellent RANSOM! POLICE IS WATCHING and THE POLICE SERVE THE CITIZEN? as well as playing a cop in BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE among others. Also was top notch as the crippled gunman in Massimo Dallamano's only spaghetti western BANDIDOS. He was the voice of Clint Eastwood in the Italian versions of the DOLLARS trilogy. He was also at ease in comedies like CASANOVA 70. Sadly he's been gone since 1994 but he's always a welcome face in just about anything.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EMS.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	362782
    Andrew Monroe
    Pallid Hands
    Last edited by Andrew Monroe; 07-16-2012, 06:09 PM.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

He absolutely RULES in Execution Squad. I love that movie. Is the Colosseo disc an improvement over the Japanese disc Andrew?
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
      He absolutely RULES in Execution Squad. I love that movie. Is the Colosseo disc an improvement over the Japanese disc Andrew?
      It really is an improvement, Ian. I have the Japanese disc and this new one is noticeably better. I fucking love EXECUTION SQUAD, it's a fantastic movie and you're right, Salerno is awesome in it.

Comment

Hmm.... any extras on it?
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Yep, a whole second disc of them - interviews with Jurgen Drews (the thug who thows the girl off the motorcycle, he went on to a career as a pop singer), and the producer and another guy. I haven't checked these out yet, will have to confirm if they are english friendly. Photogallery and trailer too.

Oh, and the score rules for this movie. DigitMovies released it paired with EMERGENCY SQUAD. EXECUTION SQUAD uses that familiar Cipriani poliziotteschi sound. He has done variations of it in WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOUR DAUGHTERS? and several others but this one is the best imo.
          Andrew Monroe
          Pallid Hands
          Last edited by Andrew Monroe; 07-16-2012, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Sweet, thanks. Agreed on the score, it's classic stuff.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I did a quick step through and it looks like the interviews are German only - no subs. I'm not really bummed about this, there's still the trailer and gallery. The film itself is worth the upgrade imo.

Comment

Sounds like I'll have to check out EXECUTION SQUAD.

Comment

Working...
                X