Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orgasmo DVD (by gad there's a lot of J&B in this film)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orgasmo DVD (by gad there's a lot of J&B in this film)

This has been a DVD holy grail for me for a very long time. It was pretty much the first giallo I ever saw 15 or 16 years ago but I hadn't seen it since. Finally picked up the European DVD and watched it last night. The DVDs a bit gash but it's OAR at least and sounds okay.

Films as great as I remember it. By far the best of the Lenzi/Baker films. It disappointingly doesn't turn out to be the slasher that a fantastic "walking around in the dark, with doors blowing open in the wind" scene suggests it will be but instead it becomes a wierd home invasion movie with the standard Giallo twists.

The film seems to mostly be there though to show off two things:
    1. How amazing Baker looks in a night dress. I swear every time they cut she's wearing a different one. It's like a catalogue for night wear- personally I like the loose crochet, see through, black one myself.
    2. J&B. It is everywhere and Baker sure knows how to pour a glass of whisky. Often throughout the film she fills a highball glass half full, hands it to a guest, who promptly drains it and everyone carries on like this is normal behaviour rather than falling over and impalling themselves on some of Bakers many objet d'arts.

Super funky little flick. Like I said the DVDs not great but it's not terrible either. It should not get in the way of your viewing pleasure at all. Give it a crack.
    Last edited by Dom D; 07-08-2012, 07:34 PM. Reason: Shite at proof reading.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

I always liked this poster for the movie...

Click image for larger version

Name:	220px-Orgasmo_FilmPoster.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	339062

I haven't seen it in years but I remember Baker looking great in it, and yeah, J&B is everywhere as it is in loads of other giallo!
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Man I love all of the gialli Baker and Lenzi did. About once a year I pull them out and have a little marathon, usually end up watching THE SWEET BODY OF DEBORAH and THE FOURTH VICTIM as well. I guess I'd say the weakest one of the Lenzis is KNIFE OF ICE but I still like that one too. I think my favorite is A QUIET PLACE TO KILL but ORGASMO is pretty great too. While I love the Argento inspired more traditional black-gloved killer gialli, these psychosexual dramas, when done right, might be my preference.
      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
        This has been a DVD holy grail for me for a very long time. It was pretty much the first giallo I ever saw 15 or 16 years ago but I hadn't seen it since. Finally picked up the European DVD and watched it last night.
        What distributor?/Where did you get it? I have a gray market dupe of this I've never gotten around to watching because I kept holding out for a legitimate release...

Comment

I couldn't tell if this thread told me to be glad that there's J&B or to be gay that there's J&B.

I couldn't get into this film though.

But I do love J&B Scotch.

Edit: I wonder if Trey Parker and Matt Stone ever watched this film out of curiosity?
          "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Originally posted by Apronikoff View Post
            What distributor?/Where did you get it? I have a gray market dupe of this I've never gotten around to watching because I kept holding out for a legitimate release...
            01 Distribution is the label but I got mine off eBay. The Lovelock and load thread for the film has more details: http://www.lovelockandload.net/forum...?topic=1206.30
            "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

The whole thing is on Youtube (from the Italian dvd, it appears), I checked out just the last part to see the difference to the familiar PARANOIA ending (not that I could understand the dialogue, mind you!).

Comment

Working...
              X