Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Renato Polselli - Which films are available on DVD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renato Polselli - Which films are available on DVD?

I've seen Black Magic Rites and Delirium. I'm dying to see some of his other films, I've seen trailers and extracts of some and it looks amazing (Oscenita, Mania, ...). Which of his films are available on DVD?

According to a post from Ian in the relevant thread, REVELATIONS OF A PSYCHIATRIST IN A WORLD OF PERVERSE SEX is coming around July 1. I have a fansubbed copy of it, not really my cuppa but I will probably buy this to support the effort. I really want MANIA too, maybe one day...THE VAMPIRE AND THE BALLERINA and VAMPIRE OF THE OPERA would be nice too, I have copies from trades but would love both of them to get nice dvd releases.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

VAMPIRE OF THE OPERA/ORGIE DES VAMPIRES just came out on French DVD, subtitled. It's pretty wild for a film of its vintage; definitely has the Polselli stamp on it. There are non-English-friendly DVDs of VAMPIRE AND THE BALLERINA and PSYCHIATRIST. Looking forward to upgrading to subtitled on the latter.

Comment

Unfortunately the new scandanavian dvd of 'revelations of a phychiatrist...' has been postponed till december,not happy as i was really looking forward to it.Even though the italian noshame dvd of 'vampire and the ballerina' isnt english friendly,it was an amazing disc,great transfer and loads of extras,subs are easily available on the net.

One more that is available is 'torino centale del vizio' which is available in a heavily edited shit fullscreen vhs transfer as 'lust' from mya,avoid at all costs.

Apart from praying for 'Mania' finally getting a release, I would also kill for an official release of the harder french edit of delirium,as far as i know it was only available on a french vhs,how dope would that be if blue underground released a blu ray of that beast. The hard version available on their current dvd is quite extreme already but apparently the french version goes a lot further.

Details of the delayed 'revelations....' dvd - http://www.anotherworldent.com/index...6289bfa6468876

One other thing to take note of is the new run time of the dvd which is now 98mins as opposed to the old shendene vhs/dvd run time of 88min. Which could well mean they have licensed the restored version marc morris created at redemption in the early 90's. It never saw the light of day due to the content.Exciting stuff
        george n
        Last edited by george n; 06-28-2012, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Ooh didn't know about Vampire At The Opera. It shall be mine.

I've got the French cut of Delirium on a DVDR somewhere. It's pretty missable. The hardcore scenes just being obvious inserts that slow things down. Although they do finally clear up the mystery of what it is that Hargitay does to his wife with that rolling pin thing she's so frightened of.

Mania is at the top of my most wanted list. There are a few people about who claim to have seen it recently but no one can point me to a copy so I'm not sure whether to believe them or not.
          "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Ah, but does it explain what in the hell the rolling pin thing actually IS? I also can't quite figure out what sort of interaction is happening between that knife and the girl in the cellar, as the red herring guy peeps through a hole in the wall.

As for the people who say they saw MANIA, I think there may have been a screening in Europe?

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall Crist View Post
              As for the people who say they saw MANIA, I think there may have been a screening in Europe?
              Right you are... A little bit of digging reveals it was found and screened in Rome 3 years and apparently No Shame at one point had it lined up for release. Hopefully someone else picks it up. Here's the trailer for the time being. Looks Delirium-esque. In other words awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CycwfwM-Zlo
              "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Thanks for the tip about VAMPIRE OF THE OPERA, Marshall. I will be grabbing that too. And George, you reminded me that I actually have LUST (my memory...sad really) and have watched it. It was godawful, that may be why I tried to forget it. Maybe it's better in its uncut form but what I saw really didn't call to mind Polselli at all.

Comment

Glad you guys are checking out VAMPIRE OF THE OPERA. I JUST got mine and have only spot-checked it, but it plays like a berserk version of VAMPIRE AND THE BALLERINA. Be warned that some scenes are inserted from an inferior source, but, you know, by any means necessary.

Comment

Thanks for all the helpful info! I'll have to track down a copy of Vampire of the Opera. I wonder why Mania isn't out on DVD. Because of the graphic contents? Impossible to find the negatives? Buying the rights is too expensive?

Comment

I ordered VAMPIRE OF THE OPERA from Diabolik yesterday, it was back in stock.

Comment

It doesn't show up in any of my searches. Maybe it's gone already?

Comment

Maybe try "Orgie des Vampires?" It was there on the first page of "Latest Arrvials" last night.

Comment

Originally posted by WillemClaeys View Post
                            I wonder why Mania isn't out on DVD.
                            I've found that abject stupidity is the reason for a lot of things in this world.

Nah, it's probably money. KICKSTARTER!

Watched VAMPIRE OF THE OPERA last night. The A/V quality is pretty rough, especially in the frequent inserts from the more-complete Italian material. The movie is very much in the VAMPIRE AND THE BALLERINA/PLAYGIRLS AND THE VAMPIRE/HORRORS OF SPIDER ISLAND/BLOODY PIT OF HORROR tradition, but just goes so much further in terms of utter insanity.

Comment

http://www.diabolikdvd.com/category/Horror-[sl]-Thriller/L'Orgie-des-Vampires-DVD-(Il-mostro-dell'opera)-(PAL-Region-2).html 5 left as of right now.

I have an Italian only copy of this, can't wait to see it with subs.All those films you mentioned are right up my alley, Marshall.

Edit - I gues it has english audio? Cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X