No announcement yet.

Blood Tracks 2-Disc Set Coming To DVD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood Tracks 2-Disc Set Coming To DVD!

Fred Anderson gets full credit for this.

Taken from his blog:

"Blood Tracks is finally getting a FAT special edition, 2 disc with tons of interesting bonus stuff. I can't say that much yet, but it will be first and last release of Blood Tracks you need to own. It's that good. I don't know about English subs, but the movie itself and some other stuff will be enough even for you that don't understand Swedish."

Go read the entry and check out the picture of him hanging with EASY ACTION!!!
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Thanks for the link Ian! Yeah, it was awesome and the guys was so nice! They have quite different life nowadays compared to the eighties, but shared a lot of fun memories from the shoot.

(and wow, this was my first post here - need to hang around more I think!)

Comment

Gaaah, I can't wait for this release!!!

And Fred, i'm so jealous you got to hang out with Zinny fucking Zan! Love the guy! (he was also in the best reality TV-soap ever made, Wannabe, about the creation of a rock band, in the early 2000s - think American Idol + heavy metal + hilarious failure... But even amongst all the embaressment Zinny's 100% lovable in it)

Comment

Lars, I was a bit nervous - I never saw Wannabe so I didn't have the pleasure to know what a nice guy he was before I met him - and when he, like all rock stars, came one hour late to the interview I expected the worse! But noooo, he's such a lovable man! Very friendly and yeah, one of those guys you want to hang out with and talk. It will be a great interview by the way, he and Peo is very different form of characters, but that makes it even funnier.

We shot the interview at Hard Rock Café in Stockholm, a fitting place for a meeting like that :)

Comment

Fred, I know you can't say too much yet but any word on what source the transfer will use?
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Only fullscreen, the only version available from the owner. Uncut, very uncut. Even the Japanese tape misses gore that this version have. The picture quality is decent, not bad. Not Criterion :)

Comment

Thanks Fred. Better than the CMV version?
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I hope so! :) I think the CMV version mostly suffers from bad authoring than anything else. The Swedish DVD is based on a beta master. I don't know what CMV used as source.

Comment

Gotcha, thanks! Feel free to keep us up to date on this as you're able. :)
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

According to a post here, these are the extras for the new special edition release...

Click image for larger version

Name:	imgsize.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	339723

- Newly recorded interview with Easy Action´s Peo Thyrén and Bo Stagman talking about filming (26 min)
                    - "A Hot Summer Night" promotional film with Easy Action (50 min)
                    - We Go Rocking (videoclip)
                    - Easy Action illustrated discography
                    - VHS cover gallery of Mats Helge Olsson cult classics.
                    - Original trailer
                    - Photo gallery
                    - "A Hard Boiled" (easter egg)

- Limited edition bonus CD single with Easy Action´"We Go Rocking"
                    (The newly recorded version of the original cover art. The single was supposed to be released to their planned comeback in 2008, but was never published. Only included in this first 1000 copies).
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Horrordvds.com poster Sitges made the following comments about the two disc reissue in this thread here:

"for the English speakers be prepared for disappointment
                      there is a 26 min "making of" where the director is interviewed, while eating a meal, in Swedish WITHOUT subs(unless he came with a fascinating morsel of information while his mouth was stuffed with whatever he was eating). I could understand it, believe me none of you are really missing anything interesting

a 55 min club performance with the band from the movie with a little tidbit, of info about them, ok, I fast forwarded through it

a trailer
                      gallery with images from the movie
                      gallery of covers of titles connected with the director

No subs, only Swedish, while they were talking Swedish

If I were feeling very generous the picture was maybe a little sharper in some frames but is was pretty much the same, one second longer if that matters......

dual layer disc, but I assume the film was the same size, and the "extra'¨s took room "

Without subs on the extras I don't have nearly as much motivation to double dip now.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Weaklings! When Zinny Zan speaks you listens! Not understanding swedish is not an excuse!

(The biggest and the best. Mostly biggest.)

Comment

He's aged... interestingly.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The reissue is in stock at Diabolik now for those interested. It's probably the one to get if you don't already have the last DVD release.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                            X