Arrow Releasing Zombie On Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bogart View Post
    Which is your favourite iteration? I have fond memories of the AB dvd myself.
    Definitely the Arrow Blu-ray. Excellent presentation, with multiple audio/subtitle options.

Though the LD was the first time I saw the film both widescreen and uncut, so I have a fondness for it. (The non-anamorphic AB DVD seemed a step down from it in terms of the presentation of the main feature, as I recall.) I still have fond memories of the pre-cert VHS though (uncut and partially letterboxed, IIRC), as that was my first exposure to the film.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• From BU's twitter feed the other day...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dq32NRQVAAIt3Wf.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	355092
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul L View Post
        Definitely the Arrow Blu-ray. Excellent presentation, with multiple audio/subtitle options.

Though the LD was the first time I saw the film both widescreen and uncut, so I have a fondness for it. (The non-anamorphic AB DVD seemed a step down from it in terms of the presentation of the main feature, as I recall.) I still have fond memories of the pre-cert VHS though (uncut and partially letterboxed, IIRC), as that was my first exposure to the film.
        The Roan Group laserdiscs were much better for picture than the Anchor Bay DVDs of the same releases, mostly due to compression being new territory for video masters. I still have a few S-VHS dupes of things I rented in Roan LD form, amd they look amazing for what they are and their age.

Comment

• A poster over at the Blu-ray.com forums has a copy of the new Blue Underground Blu-ray and has posted caps. Looks like a pretty impressive upgrade over the Arrow.

Comment

• If its a big upgrade I wonder if arrows will also release it. Worth waiting..

Comment

• Diabolik has this motherfucker in stock.
              Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• I'm tempted to order just to have a new release to watch soon but I'm trying to hold onto my PayPal dough for Black Friday (along with all the upcoming holiday spending).

Comment

Working...
                X