No announcement yet.

Arrow Releasing Zombie On Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's better than some shitty Photoshop job trying to capitalize on current zombie ca-ca covers or posters.

Comment

I wouldn't have said I had any need of another copy of this one...but that steelbook is pretty damn tempting.

Comment

Heads up for those region locked A, the licensor is making Arrow region lock this:
        Very sorry to have to report bad news, but unfortunately at a recent meeting with Variety Communications, the worldwide rights holders to ZOMBI 2 / ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS we were told we must region code the film to European region 2 for DVD, B for Blu-ray. Unfortunately this is a contractual stipulation that we cannot get out of. Apologies for those in other regions who have pre-ordered and will possibly be facing disappointment. We can only say that this might be a good time to get that region free player - our release is scanned from the original negative and will display a greater sharpness and quality, as well as more picture information, than any other release previously available. We are entering final stages of our restoration now and hope to be unveiling more info and pictures soon.
        Derrick King
        Waterfall Puncher
        Last edited by Derrick King; 10-11-2012, 07:11 PM.

Comment

I'm not surprised on that call.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Arrow Releasing Zombie On Blu-ray

It all looked cool until Waddy showed up.

I "might" pick this up. Does anyone think it will best the BU transfer?

Comment

I would be surprised if it did.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Arrow's artwork really turns me off, I have to say.

I'm going to sit on this until someone else has bought it and can confirm whether or not it is in fact an improvement over the BU version.
                'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Maybe a little OT, but I've reached my limit with this region encoding shit.

Comment

Arrow is going to be including one of these inside each steelbook.
                    Attached Files
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

So this is apparantly a new restoration from the original camera negative. Note - restoration services by Deluxe, not LVR.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

It looks darker than the other transfer but I still think I'm going to stick with my old ass AB DVD. Why? It just bugs me seeing the poster zombie's left eyeball that well. Among other things regarding the makeup. It definitely looks like a better transfer though.
                        "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                          So this is apparantly a new restoration from the original camera negative. Note - restoration services by Deluxe, not LVR.

Does LVR have a bad reputation?

Comment

They are the company who have done the problematic Blue Underground titles.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                              They are the company who have done the problematic Blue Underground titles.
                              Like the Maniac bd?

Comment

Not sure on that one, but the Euro titles for sure.
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X