Koch to release giallo box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koch to release giallo box

This comes from the Criterion forum by way of Maniacs: THE WEAPON THE HOUR THE MOTIVE, DEADLY INHERITANCE, FEMINA RIDENS. No word yet on english options. THE WEAPON...is a nifty little neglected gem. Takes place in and around a rural church with some great atmospheric catacombs beneath. Has a scene where nuns whip themselves and an overall vibe of perversity. I really like this one. INHERITANCE is a crashing bore imo, great score though. Don't consider FEMINA RIDENS a giallo at all but I do like it.

I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Hmm. I haven't seen either of the three films in that set.

Looks like they realize THE WEAPON THE HOUR THE MOTIVE is the winner in the set though if they're showcasing it on the cover art.

Click image for larger version

Name:	117%20-%20The%20Weapon%20the%20hour%20the%20motive%20Italian%20locandina.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	338848
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Excellent! Any word on a release date? The only one of those I've seen is Femina Ridens which I've already got a couple nice copies of. Not really a giallo but it's a brilliant pop art thriller.
      "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

That artwork has been used for Margheriti's SCHOOLGIRL KILLER and at least one other that I've seen but am blanking on right now. I do love it, the epitome of the giallo. I have the X-Rated big box of SCHOOLGIRL KILLER and keep it displayed.

Comment

I believe this is the worldwide dvd debut for 'the weapon the hour the motive' so i'm really looking forward to this, also it says vol 1 on the case, what will be in vol 2 i wonder

Comment

There is an English subtitled copy of 'L'Arma, L'Ora e il Movente' so in one way or another an English friendly release will turn up. I assume at this point that it would have to be subtitled as I'm not sure if an English dub track has ever materialized - Has anyone here seen an English language copy in their travels?

Comment

I have a letterboxed, vhs-sourced fansubbed copy. Koch spaghetti western dvds almost always have english subs even if they're not mentioned on the dvd cover but their other releases aren't always english friendly. But as you say, even if Koch doesn't include them, an english-subbed version will turn up at some point.

Comment

Soooooo...........

Comment

Soooooo...........

Comment

Still no release date?
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Femina Ridens is a great but not really a thriller.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                        Still no release date?
                        Why did I think this shit was due out in July?

Comment

Femina Ridens rules! Looking forward to seeing "The Weapon ...".

Comment

Pushed back to 10/19/2012.

http://www.kochmedia-film.de/dvd/det...teil_1_3_dvds/
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Is Koch Media related to the billionaire brothers in Florida who tinker with USA elections? Or is the Media company a different Koch?
                              "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
                              - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

Working...
                              X