No announcement yet.

Koch to release giallo box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never heard of any connection to the Koch Brothers.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koch_Media

Comment

"The Weapon, the Hour, The Motive" is a really decent film. I reviewed the fansub for a friend's site and thought it had a lot going for it. There are a few bloody murders and though the ending is very predictable, the plot is engrossing. The acting is also very good.

Comment

Originally posted by MelissaMerli View Post
          "The Weapon, the Hour, The Motive" is a really decent film. I reviewed the fansub for a friend's site and thought it had a lot going for it. There are a few bloody murders and though the ending is very predictable, the plot is engrossing. The acting is also very good.
          I agree, in fact I'd go so far as to say it's one of those hidden gems. It's the only reason I'm looking forward to this set, be nice to have DEADLY INHERITANCE on dvd but I don't much care for it and I already have FEMINA RIDENS.
          I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Is this thing out yet?

Comment

Not that I'm aware of.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Diabolik just posted this news:

"Koch Media GIALLO Collection containing the following is coming soon: L'Assassino ha le mani pulite/Deadly Inheritance, L'Arma, l'ora, il movente/The Weapon, the Hour, & the Motive and The Laughing Woman"

A few other points:
                -DVD only
                -should be under $60 US
                -2 of the 3 films have English options listed, no confirmation on the third one yet
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Peter at LL&L got confirmation from Koch that they are all english friendly. Also, someone there posted this link which mentions that THE WEAPON THE HOUR THE MOTIVE uses a well worn print and is the weakest presentation of the 3.

I'm unsure on this, it'll boil down to me paying quite a sum for one film really, as I don't much care for DEADLY INHERITANCE and I already have a dvd of FEMINA RIDENS. THE WEAPON...is a very solid giallo but this doesn't sound like a big upgrade from my dvd-r.

Comment

Well, scratch what I said above, someone at LL&L has the set and, as they put it, "the disc is spinning right now. there are no hidden subs or other english language options for "L'arma, ...". See reply 163.

That's THE WEAPON THE HOUR THE MOTIVE btw...I'll be giving this a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                      Well, scratch what I said above, someone at LL&L has the set and, as they put it, "the disc is spinning right now. there are no hidden subs or other english language options for "L'arma, ...". See reply 163.

That's THE WEAPON THE HOUR THE MOTIVE btw...I'll be giving this a pass.
                      Thanks for the news, Andrew. That's a shame! Looks like this is off my 'to buy' list too
                      'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                      'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Damn, that's the only film I really wanted to see! No English options, ... I'll pass.

Comment

In stock at Diabolik for $54.99.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                          X