No announcement yet.

The Lucio Fulci Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming 2/28/23 from X-Rated, 4 different cover options.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	727
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	406507

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	698
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	406508

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	696
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	406509

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	699
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	406510
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Retro Release Video has a VHS release of The Beyond slated for release soon.

https://www.retroreleasehomevideo.co...ir-lucio-fulci

Name:	dbfd45_a31f210c429d4a02b8dc9e23f3f5a6b6_mv2.jpg
Views:	628
Size:	300.3 KB
ID:	409427
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• My VCR broke years ago. I never got a new one. Is there some appeal to get a tape that may get caught in the spindles of your VCR? Why not buy a disc (DVD or Blu-ray) instead?

Comment

• I doubt that 1% of the copies that get sold will do anything other than sit there looking pretty on someone's shelf.
          I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Ironic to see this popping up just a few months after I finally managed to ditch my old, severely cut, UK VHS copy of 'The Beyond', having failed for years to persuade anyone to take it off my hands. (Now that, truly, was a useless artefact, even to the most determined VHS fetishists out there..)
            https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
            http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

• VHS? How about a new Blu-ray already, Grindhouse!
              Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Originally posted by James Reed View Post
                My VCR broke years ago. I never got a new one. Is there some appeal to get a tape that may get caught in the spindles of your VCR? Why not buy a disc (DVD or Blu-ray) instead?
                I don't really don't understand this either. Now VS is doing this also. I still have 2 VCRs but one tends to rewind too fast and causes the tape to come out of the case. The other still works, I tried it a few months ago, but I'm rather scared to use it just in case it breaks down. As agent999 says, they're just to look pretty on a bookcase.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	336899571_145819144802698_7433349782424017134_n.jpg
Views:	523
Size:	219.9 KB
ID:	411510
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Got to say, I do miss the deep blue colouring of the finale of City of the Living Dead on the new UHD (especially surprising as most UHDs go out of their way to show off the HDR). I have no idea how authentic the colouring was on the Arrow versions, but I liked it. Disc is by far the best I've seen it looking though.

Comment

• Le Chat Qui Fume has pre-order pages up for...

Black Cat

https://lechatquifume.myshopify.com/...s/le-chat-noir

Manhattan Baby

https://lechatquifume.myshopify.com/...manhattan-baby

Fulci For Fake

https://lechatquifume.myshopify.com/...fulci-for-fake
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Press release!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Cauldron Films’ 4K Restoration of Lucio Fulci’s City of the Living Dead Makes its Debut on 4K UHD Packed with Special Features

On August 15th, Cauldron Films unleashes the worldwide UHD debut of Lucio Fulci's Italian horror classic City of the Living Dead in 4K, fully restored with a brand-new Dolby Vision™ color grade, exclusively commissioned by Cauldron Films. The 3-disc set includes the 4K UHD Feature, a Blu-ray Feature and a Blu-ray Extras Disc double-sided Blu-ray wrap with
                        artwork by Matthew Therrien.

The death of a priest causes a chain reaction that begins The End of Days. The only hope
                        lies in a jaded reporter (Christopher George) and the psychic (Catriona MacColl) he saved from being buried alive. The two set off for Dunwich, New England to shut the gates of hell before it’s too late and the undead rule the Earth. This horror classic features Special FX work by Gino De Rossi of Zombie and Cannibal Ferox infamy, a score by Fabio Frizzi, and a screenplay co-written by Dardano Sacchetti (Rat Man, Demons).

Special features include:

• A new audio commentary with film historian Samm Deighan
                        • Archival audio commentaries with film historians Troy Howarth and Nathaniel Thompson
                        • Archival audio commentary with actress Catriona MacColl moderated by Jay Slater
                        • Archival audio commentary with actor Giovanni Lombardo Radice
                        moderated by Calum Waddell
                        • Zombie Kings: Interview with Massimo Antonello Geleng
                        • Requiem for Bob: Interview with Giovanni Lombardo Radice
                        • On Stage: Q&A with Venantino Venantini & Ruggero Deodato
                        • Catriona MacColl Q&A
                        • Fabio Frizzi Q&A
                        • The Meat Munching Movies of Gino De Rossi
                        • Carlo of the Living Dead, an archival interview with actor Carlo De Mejo
                        • A Trip Through Bonaventure Cemetery
                        • Catriona MacColl video intro from 2001
                        • Image Gallery
                        • Plus more archival extras and other surprises!
                        • Double-sided Blu-ray wrap with artwork by Matthew Therrien
                        • Optional English SDH subtitles
                        • Seamless branching - watch in English Language w/ English credit sequences and watch Italian language w/ Italian credit sequences.
                        • UHD (feature film) 4K (2160p) presentation with Dolby Vision™ HDR (HDR 10 compatible)
                        • Blu-ray (feature film) 1080p presentation

Name:	covre.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	609.3 KB
ID:	417556
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Their omission of the blue tint in the climatic sequence is clearly an error. It's on the shitty Dark Force transferred from a print version which proves it was and should have been there. It's also on every other version I've seen. Unless they clandestinely fix it (which would be a fuck you to the people who bought the limited versions).

Comment

• Coming in October from Arrow.

-4K restoration from the original negative by Blue Underground
                            -4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
                            -Restored original lossless mono English and Italian soundtracks
                            -Optional lossless 5.1 English soundtrack
                            -Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
                            -Optional English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
                            -Audio commentary by Troy Howarth, author of Splintered Visions: Lucio Fulci and His Films
                            -Archival audio commentary with star Catriona MacColl, moderated by Calum Waddell
                            -Archival audio commentary with co-star Silvia Collatina, moderated by Mike Baronas of Paura Productions
                            -Meet the Boyles – interviews with stars Catriona MacColl and Paolo Malco
                            -Children of the Night – interviews with stars Giovanni Frezza and Silvia Collatina
                            -Tales of Laura Gittleson – interview with star Dagmar Lassander
                            -My Time with Terror – interview with star Carlo De Mejo
                            -A Haunted House Story – interview with co-writers Dardano Sacchetti and Elisa Briganti
                            -To Build a Better Death Trap – interviews with cinematographer Sergio Salvati, special make-up effects artist Maurizio Trani, special effects artist Giannetto De Rossi and actor Giovanni De Nava
                            -House Quake – interview with co-writer Giorgio Mariuzzo
                            -Q&A with Catriona MacColl at the 2014 Spaghetti Cinema Festival, Luton, England
                            -Calling Dr. Freudstein – interview with Stephen Thrower, author of Beyond Terror: The Films of Lucio Fulci
                            -Deleted scene
                            -Alternate US opening titles
                            -Archival introduction by Giovanni Frezza
                            -Back to the Cellar – archival interview with Giovanni Frezza
                            -Cemetery Woman – archival interview with Catriona MacColl
                            -Wax Mask: Finishing the Final Fulci – archival interview with filmmaker and special makeup effects artist Sergio Stivaletti
                            -Freudstein’s Follies – archival interview with Giannetto De Rossi
                            -Ladies of Italian Horror – archival interviews with Italian horror cinema stars Stefania Casini, Barbara Magnolfi and The House by the Cemetery’s Silvia Collatina
                            -The House by the Cemetery Q&A – 2011 panel at HorrorHound, Indianapolis, Indiana featuring the film’s cast

Name:	363432183_761295019291745_699462944751223867_n.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	208.8 KB
ID:	418025
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Coming 4/5/24 from Arrow.

https://amzn.to/3wwXOJr

Attached Files
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• UHD upgrade for The Devil's Honey coming from Severin in May.

https://severinfilms.com/collections...sive-slipcover

“BIZARRE, GRAPHIC AND HARROWING… Even considering Fulci’s unconventional oeuvre, this is more outlandish than almost anything that came before it.” Bloody Disgusting
                                THE WORLDWIDE UHD PREMIERE!
                                In one of the most twistedly intense films of his career, Lucio Fulci takes on the erotic thriller genre and unleashes an onslaught of glossy depravity in UHD for the first time ever: Brett Halsey (DEMONIA), Corinne Cléry (THE STORY OF O) and Blanca Marsillach (FLESH+BLOOD) star in this insane S&M saga complete with torrid romance, rampant nudity, woodwind-induced orgasms and a cavalcade of kink to deliver what The Digital Bits calls “one of the sleazier films Fulci ever made.” Stefano Madia (BODY COUNT), Bernard Seray (HELL OF THE LIVING DEAD) and Fulci himself co-star in this psychosexual sickie – also known as DANGEROUS OBSESSION – now scanned in 4K from the original negative with Special Features that include an all-new interview with Blanca Marsillach and a newly-discovered audio interview with Lucio Fulci.

SPECIAL FEATURES:

Disc 1: UHD (Feature + Special Features)

• Trailer

Disc 2: Blu-ray (Feature + Special Features)

• Sax, Lies and Videotape – Interview With Actress Blanca Marsillach
                                • Archival Audio Interview With Director Lucio Fulci By Michele Romagnoli
                                • The Devil's Halsey – Interview With Actor Brett Halsey
                                • Wild Flower – Interview With Actress Corinne Cléry
                                • Producing Honey – Interview With Producer Vincenzo Salviani
                                • The Devil's Sax – Interview With Composer Claudio Natili
                                • Stephen Thrower, Author Of Beyond Terror: The Films Of Lucio Fulci, On THE DEVIL'S HONEY
                                • Fulci's Honey – Audio Essay By Troy Howarth, Author Of Splintered Visions: Lucio Fulci And His Films
                                • Alternate Opening
                                • Trailer

FEATURE SPECS:

• Aspect Ratio: 1:85:1
                                • Audio: English Mono, Italian Mono
                                • Closed Captions
                                • Subtitles: English
                                • Region: UHD: Region Free, Blu-ray: A
                                • Running Time: 83 minutes
                                • Webstore Exclusive Slipcover
                                • Reversible Wrap