The Lucio Fulci Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fulci

Mine too. Some of the extras aren't subbed, but the image quality is lovely and the soundtrack CD was welcome (can't believe I hadn't picked that up before now).
    Clive Smith
    noodle doodle
    Last edited by Clive Smith; 08-05-2015, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Yeah Mine arrived too

Comment

Wow, the Lizard transfer is excellent. Very happy

Comment

Fresh off a long overdue revisit of Four of the Apocalypse. Anyone else feel like they've been hit by a bus after this ones over? Perhaps I've just been more moody as of late but this is the most powerful its ever felt to me. Knowing how Lynne Frederick ended up in later life also helps to make Bunny all the more tragic. Both Thomas Milan and Fabio Testi believed Fulci to be depressed or "sufferin" as Milan put it and that makes sense while watching this. Speaking of, Milan is one BAD motherfucker here. Chaco is truly frightening.
          LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

Four of the Apocalypse came out not long after his wife's suicide I think. I'm not a big fan of Westerns but I really like this one. Totally unique film that's probably a masterpiece.
            "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

With the exceptions of the solid 'City of the Living Dead' and his follow-up one of my favourite Italian horror films 'The Beyond', I've always considered Lucio Fulci to be mostly overrated as a horror filmmaker proper. I think all four of his earlier gialli are great but I think 'Zombi' is overrated being only half as good as any of George A. Romero's original zombie trilogy and everything he made post-Beyond that I've seen is either mediocre or outright awful. When Fulci structured his films to create an experience purely in nightmarish gory imagery encapsulated in a powerful atmosphere paying no attention to cohesive narratives and building suspense and tension it works very well. But when he tried to actually tell horror stories that requires careful pacing and suspense and tension built up through their narratives he fell flat every time. Lucio Fulci knew how to stage great set-pieces and generate electrifying atmosphere in horror but knew very little about pacing, suspense, and tension.
              In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks

Comment

Swiping this from FB:

Click image for larger version

Name:	12049416_1047253288642199_931581341186017164_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	349213

Click image for larger version

Name:	12088044_1047253175308877_7551852818451477030_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	349214

Weird mangled translation....

'84-DON' T TORTURE a duck ling-never hurt a child to the joke

From 20.11.2015, we deliver the following title to traders from:

Don ' T TORTURE a duck ling-never hurt a child to the joke (non si sevizia un paperino, Director: Lucio Fulci, 1972-Italy)

A little sleepy village in Southern Italy is a great horror shook up. The little Bruno is dead and bestial prepared by the police found. Immediately, the inhabitants in a hysteria and you first suspected of the well-known outsiders guiseppe and later also as the voodoo witch burn maciara markets. An angry mobb moves through the city, past a harried police force. As soon then further young missing and found dead, see the inhabitants and the police in utter helplessness and start quickly about any suspicious don't judge. Who is the killer and who will stop him? A race against time, spun from suspicion and doubt, begins!

Lucio Fulci has never " don't bother with a child to the joke..." One of his best films, delivered under all known gialli. One of the most serchead and rarest films of the Italian genre cinemas, for the first time in German synced and in high definition restored.

1. Disc 1 (Blu-ray)
                Picture: 2.35:1-24 p 1080 P Full HD
                Clay: German Dts-HD MA 2.0, English DTS-HD MA 1.0 with fixed dt. UT, ITALIAN DTS-HD MA 1.0 with fixed dt. UT
                Barrel Length: approx. 109 min.
                Bonus: Audio Commentary with Marcus Stig Legger, German trailer, original trailer, Italian header, Italian credits, restoration comparison, slideshow

2. Disc 2 (DVD)
                Bild: 2.35:1 16:9 PAL Widescreen
                Clay: German Dolby Digital 2.0, English, Dolby Digital 2.0 with fixed dt. UT, Italian Dolby Digital 2.0 with fixed dt. UT
                Barrel Length: approx. 104 min.
                Bonus: Audio Commentary with Marcus Stig Legger, German trailer, original trailer, Italian header, Italian credits, restoration comparison, slideshow

3. Disc 3 (Bonus-DVD)
                Interviews with cinematographer Sergio D ' formal and cutter Bruno Micheli-Italian with DT. UT.

4. Disc 4 (Soundtrack CD)

Art-No.: 8731 ma
                Ean: 4260207722297

Format: Leather Book (made of real wood with Wood Drawer & Brass Handle, with leather, deep and stamping, Lim 1250 Edition, CA. 23 x18x5cm)
                Discs: '84
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Blimey! Looks expensive. I think I'll hold out for a release with English subs for the Italian track tho'.

Comment

From the Blue Underground FB page:

"We'll be closed for the next couple weeks to take a much-needed vacation, so we'd like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a very happy holiday season! And to leave you with a little tease, we've just signed the agreement to bring a Lucio Fulci film to Blu-ray in 2016! Happy New Year!!"
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Let's hope it's DUCKLING :)
                      The German BD is a huge step up.
                      http://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?d1=6980&d2=6977
                      https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Yes, let's hope it's DUCKLING!!!

Comment

• I'm hoping for La Pretora. That probably won't happen anytime soon, sadly. It needs to be put on Blu ASAP. Great cheeky Edwige/Fulci collaboration.
                          https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

• I am reading FOUR OF THE APOCALYPSE tossed around as a possibility too...which is OK by me...as long as someone gets around to doing the duckling.
                            https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

• A lot of people are also speculating that it's Conquest. I'd prefer Duckling or Four but, yeah, I admit, I'd be happy with Conquest too.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Jared from MM made a very good point about this anonymous Blue Underground release, and that is we know that Duckling has an existing HD master because of the German release. All BU has to do is secure that for their release. So it could very well be Duckling.

BU has been releasing a lot of spaghetti westerns so that is a strong possibility.

Honestly, there are 4 possibilities from BU, and each one I want on some level (Contraband, Conquest, Duckling, and Four of the Apocalypse).
                                EuroCultAV Reviews

Comment

Working...
                                X