Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

According to someone over at TWITCH, the differences between the two version are negligible....and mostly consist of longer, artier takes of scenes to make them go on a bit longer...

The "producers" cut allegedly make s much punchier edit that lets the film flow easier....

I smell a VON TRIER publicity stunt on this one!!

Comment

I'd guess Nordisk will release Trier's preferred version soon enough anyway.

Comment

http://www.hulu.com/watch/610188
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

"I am a nymphomaniac and I love my filthy, dirty lust!"

Yeah! I love Charlotte Gainsbourg.
            LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	BjRZJfDCUAE1jhK.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	345495
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Classy.
                "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Coming July 8th, 2014 from Magnolia Films:

Nymphomaniac Part One Blu-ray

Nymphomaniac Part Two Blu-ray
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

This made me laugh.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bl2Son0IcAEnwhE.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	346161

I am easily amused.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

So, just watched the first part of Nymphomaniac on blu-ray. I have to say, I quite enjoyed it, but was a lot different from what I was expecting. No idea whats instore for part 2 but part 1 wasn't really shocking at all, and too me wasn't even that explicit. Its quite grim, but I seem to have a morbid fascination with grim.

Comment

Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
                        So, just watched the first part of Nymphomaniac on blu-ray. I have to say, I quite enjoyed it, but was a lot different from what I was expecting. No idea whats instore for part 2 but part 1 wasn't really shocking at all, and too me wasn't even that explicit. Its quite grim, but I seem to have a morbid fascination with grim.
                        I presumed that this would be the case as Von Trier is want to over-endow his movies with a gravitas and importance that is usually lacking in the finished product in that what comes out of his mouth is not necessarily relevant ot the content / tone / direction of his movies...in conclusion, he is a master salesman and apt to tell people what they wan to hear....

Comment

Second part of Nymphomaniac tonight. Even grimmer than part 1. The team behind the marketing did a very good job by promoting it to get as much exposure as it did, as to be honest I can imagine several thousand testosterone filled blokes being thoroughly disappointed with it. Its far from what it was made out to be. Interesting film, and I was compelled to the end. But its a very dark sordid tale.
                          Lalala76
                          Last edited by Lalala76; 05-02-2014, 06:17 PM.

Comment

I don't know if I was in the wrong mood or what, but I absolutely hated Nymphomaniac and found myself getting annoyed at details all through watching it.
                            "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Looks like Magnolia is releasing Nymphomaniac DC again as some sort of re-release in Nov.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...Z4RTHFJIEDGRPW
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
                                I don't know if I was in the wrong mood or what, but I absolutely hated Nymphomaniac and found myself getting annoyed at details all through watching it.

Youre not alone. I thought it was a bloated, self-indulgent piece of shit with lousy acting across the board, a moronic storyline, and a finale that had the quality of a choose your own adventure end page. Watching Skarsgaard excitedly parallel whatshernames actions to flyfishing was PAINFUL.

Comment

Working...
                                X