Cushing, the gamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cushing, the gamer

Check out this lovely video - for me, who just got into boardgaming and wargaming and such, it's such a nice thing to know that my all time favorite actor was a gamer as well. :D

That's pretty cool. Growing up my dad was always playing war games and strategy games with his friends, a lot of Avalon Hill stuff. I know he's still got it socked away in a closet somewhere. I remember playing with them a few times but I was very young and it was over my head for the most part.

Cushing was rad.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Woah. I just had my mind blown.

Comment

There's some cool game I've played like Dominion, 1960 (Kennedy/Nixon presidential race), and Powergrid. I dig those, but they take a long time to play. I have to be in the right frame of mind.

Comment

I have a buddy who is way into boardgaming. There is a ton of cool stuff out there. Recent ones I tried and liked were Elder Sign and King of Tokyo.

Comment

At first I thought the topic read Cruising, The Game. Which would have been a whole different topic altogether!

Still a plate full of Badassery none the less!

Comment

Horror related board games, ARKHAM HORROR, MANSIONS OF MADNESS and LAST NIGHT ON EARTH are just awesome. As I said in the first post, I just got into boardgaming and it's fantastic fun. :)

Comment

Originally posted by The Hungarian Inframan View Post
                Horror related board games, ARKHAM HORROR, MANSIONS OF MADNESS and LAST NIGHT ON EARTH are just awesome. As I said in the first post, I just got into boardgaming and it's fantastic fun. :)
                Check out Ghost Stories if you haven't already.

http://us.asmodee.com/ressources/jeu...-stories_2.php

Comment

Shoot, I can't watch YouTube videos here at work; I'll have to check it out when I get home tonight. Good to see there's some other boardgamers here on the site. I've been an avid war and board game collector since the mid-70s. Here's a link to my webpage at ConsimWorld where you can see a picture of my current collection...

http://social.consimworld.com/profile/DaveStarry

Comment

Originally posted by Roderick View Post
                    Check out Ghost Stories if you haven't already.

http://us.asmodee.com/ressources/jeu...-stories_2.php
                    I've ordered it ca. a week ago, but it'll take a while until delivery because it's hard to find around here, it's OOP at the moment apparently. Can't wait, since I'm a huge HK horror fan. :)

Comment

I had a Dracula boardgame when i was a kid. The box art scared the hell out of me. :-D

Comment

There have been some nice boardgame ports coming out on iOS including Ghost Stories and Elder Sign among others. And even if you prefer the actual physical originals, the ports are a cheap way to take some of these games for a spin before dropping good chunks of change on the meat space versions.

Comment

Working...
                        X