No announcement yet.

Giallo A Venezia (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My guess we get 500 more LE's and then the retail version end of the year?

This film had the advantage of never having a decent release, it was pretty obscure for decades with only 2 VHS sources out there.
    It's got a reputation ( whether you buy into good, bad, or both camps ) and the poster / slip are quality ballyhoo, expertly presented.
    Rare Obscure film with marketable exploitation elements ( blind buyers get what they are promised and are happy ),
    beautifully packaged as if it were among the true A Lister's of Italian genre films.

But the fast sell here is mostly no other option out the, except the pricey German Blu, with the greenish tint ( which I have ).
    I was sooo on the fence, then saw it was going fast and really had to decide ( and it was too late ) .
    I luck out as I want one now and get a 2nd chance.

Congratulations to Walt on a class A release of a hard to see sleazy giallo. :up:
    https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

• This is back in stock at Roninflix, 64 copies left at the time of this writing.

https://roninflix.com/collections/be...allo-in-venice
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Watching the German X-Rated BD right now. I've only seen this film previously via a shonky VHS dupe of the Italian version. (The graphic scene with the chap in the cinema 'massaging' his limp todger was something I'd never seen before; I assume this was in the Venezuelan VHS.)

Green tinge aside, it's a massive improvement. As for the film itself, watching it this way has raised it in my estimation. It's oddball, certainly, but you have to admire its chutzpah ... or do you?
        'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
        'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul L View Post
          Watching the German X-Rated BD right now. I've only seen this film previously via a shonky VHS dupe of the Italian version. (The graphic scene with the chap in the cinema 'massaging' his limp todger was something I'd never seen before; I assume this was in the Venezuelan VHS.)

Green tinge aside, it's a massive improvement. As for the film itself, watching it this way has raised it in my estimation. It's oddball, certainly, but you have to admire its chutzpah ... or do you?
          I found it to be much more interesting with subs and decent picture quality. I have the Scorpion version. Or maybe it's Code Red. Not sure which label it was released under, but yeah, this is a cool little gem. Not as good as Landi's PATRICK VIVE ANCORA, but still worth revisiting for people who've only seen the poor dupes sans subs.
          Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
            I found it to be much more interesting with subs and decent picture quality. I have the Scorpion version. Or maybe it's Code Red. Not sure which label it was released under, but yeah, this is a cool little gem. Not as good as Landi's PATRICK VIVE ANCORA, but still worth revisiting for people who've only seen the poor dupes sans subs.
            PATRICK LIVES AGAIN. I'm not sure where my DVD of that has gone. I wonder if there's a Blu.

I remember an article in the 90s about GIALLO A VENEZIA referring to Maria Angela Giordano as 'big boned'. That always sounded cruel, but in retrospect her frame is admirably sturdy. I mean that in the nicest possible way. She's statuesque. Also, in GIALLO... you can see her really... well, acting in a method-sort of manner.

I think she was the lover of producer Crisanti, wasn't she? Can you imagine casting your wife or lover in the roles Crisanti staged for Giordano? My word, that sounds like a troubled relationship.
            'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
            'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• Coming 6/7/22 from Full Moon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	273295089_1605045819838631_3631213622913582510_n.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	386946
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
              X