No announcement yet.

Giallo A Venezia (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if CR has purchased a copy so they can see what they can improve upon. That would be something I'd do.

Comment

• Well, like Walter indicated, there is a green haze on parts of the film, & it's on the German BD.
      It's only on the top 3rd of the image, & some shots are completely free of it.
      Some scenes cut between green and no green shots ( this was distracting ).

It's a big upgrade and the English subs were well done, but the green really got me at times.
      Hopefully Code Red can correct this, as it comes and goes ( although it's there more often than not ) it may be a pain to correct scene by scene.

Or Walter may get a new transfer out of the licencors, green free.
      Fingers crossed.

Here are some random caps snapped when I felt I was seeing too much green

John Bernhard
      Last edited by John Bernhard; 12-12-2016, 04:16 PM.
      https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I think that's just how the film looked. It isn't exactly a Bertolucci flick. It's a cheapo Italo trash flick.
        "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• When cine film is damaged by X-rays (eg, if you took a roll of cine film negative and passed it through an X-ray scanner at an airport, essentially therefore overexposing the negative), it can result in a similar green fog. With colour (still) photography, safelight fog can also produce a similar green 'haze' (as, for that matter, can light leaks within the camera) - so it could point to a problem in how the specific rolls from which those specific shots were taken were developed, which would explain perhaps why one shot may be affected by it but the adjacent shot may not.
          Paul L
          Scholar of Sleaze
          Last edited by Paul L; 12-12-2016, 05:32 PM.
          'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
          'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• That's totally plausible. The Italians are known to not take very good care of their films.

Comment

• Troy Howarth mentioned on FB that he'd just finished recording a commentary for the upcoming Code Red release, so I guess maybe we're not too far off from an actual release.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• update and cover art from Scorpion's facebook page
                Here is our new custom cover art for the film GIALLO IN VENICE by artist Devon Whitehead. To avoid getting into any issues with Facebook, we did have to cover a part of the artwork on there, but when you get the disc, that will not be covered.

The first 600 discs will not only come with a limited slip sleeve, but also a mini poster of Devon's art so be sure to buy this when it becomes available for sale on Ronin's website.

The disc will feature a new 2018 HD scan with extensive color correction. Please note, despite all of this, the film elements were a bit below Scorpion's standards so please understand when watching. It will also feature a brand new audio commentary with film historian Troy Howarth. The film is presented in Italian with English subtitles only. There is no English dub.

The disc is currently being QCed and once it has been approved, it'll go to press, so we're hoping to have it ready sometime in late July

Comment

• Nice art. I'm glad Scorpion is handling this one.

Comment

• Definitely looking forward to finally seeing this film!

Comment

• Some screen caps were posted on the Scorpion FB page... br.com has posted them here along with some other details on the release:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=23572
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Looks brighter than the German disc for sure, I sense a double dip in my future.

Another commentary from the Emperor....ugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Bernhard View Post
                          Another commentary from the Emperor....ugh.
                          I'm genuinely curious why you have such a strong stance here to complain about Troy's presence across multiple forums. I mean, it's fine to not like the guy's work and if it is nothing more than that, so be it, but it's fairly constant. Did he do something to you, or...?
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but this looks exactly like the Austrian release but with more extensive colour correction, right? The caps look good and I love this nasty film, but I can't justify buying it again after the expensive mediabook.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                              I'm genuinely curious why you have such a strong stance here to complain about Troy's presence across multiple forums. I mean, it's fine to not like the guy's work and if it is nothing more than that, so be it, but it's fairly constant. Did he do something to you, or...?
                              I should say I love commentary tracks. 20 years ago I could have cared less, but I have really grown to appreciate them.
                              All the emperor has done really is waste my time, but that's enough.

If my noting seems fairly constant that may have something to do with the endless stream of tracks he has unleashed in the last 12 months, with more on the horizon.
                              It seems to never end.
                              I can't think of another 'film historian' who is an 'expert' on so many genres and filmmakers.
                              Or one that has amassed sooo many hours of babble in such a short time.

Every single one I have heard, and that is 5-6 complete tracks and parts of another 7-8, has been a waste of time, where I learn nothing.
                              I've no need listen to someone regurgitate IMDB listings or parrot someone else's research.
                              He brings nothing unique of value to the work that I can discern.

Hence, every track he does, seems like a wasted opportunity to have someone interesting talk about the film.

Comment

• I have a mental image of Giallo in Venezia replacing Un Chien Andalou in Debaser.

Got me a movie
                                Ah ha ha ho
                                Knives in cunt holes
                                Ah ha ha ho

I am GIALLO IN VENEZIA!

Comment

Working...
                                X