Giallo A Venezia (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by agent999 View Post
    Mine was just sent out by D&T, and I only ordered it on Tuesday. Seems a bit random if pre-orders are still waiting. Just hope I get a different delivery man, or that he doesn't hold grudges after I reported him last time!
    That's great for you and I hope you have no issues, but it's also annoying for those that ordered this on day one.

Comment

• In stock at Strange Vice:

http://www.strangevice.co.uk/store/v..._dvd_mediabook
      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Thanks for the heads-up.

Comment

• This is turning into a BR Forum thread, but I have yet to get a shipping confirmation too. Both of the films I ordered are in stock according to their page. If I don't get an e-mail tomorrow I'll contact them. Not that I think it'll matter, but who knows.

Comment

• Like I said, my order (which I made 3rd of this month and received the shipping notice 14th, I didn't order Giallo A Venezia though) had to have been sent several days before I got the actual shipping notice. I also asked them if the package has tracking code (after I got the notice, without realizing the package was already at the post office...) and they said no. But it did. :cuckoo:

Comment

• Got mine , gave it a quick scan and it gets the thumbs up from me:up:
              Yes ive seen better looking Blu Rays but this is probably as good as it gets for this film. I did not notice any particular tinting.
              I doubt Code Red version will be any better.

EDIT - I do notice a slight tint towards yellow overall/green at the edges of the picture. its not very noticeable and doesnt bother me at all. probably how the print looks to be honest.
              Bogart
              Last edited by Bogart; 11-19-2016, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• Having watched it now i can say this film definately wouldnt pass the BBFC. The pussy stabbing scene is too explicit. I can say though that the gore did not shock me all that much, the leg sawing scene is probably on a par with cannibal films like Eaten Alive.

Comment

• Just want to check, but has anyone who ordered from DTM still waiting for it to ship? 2 emails later and still no sign or resposnse. Its very unusual for DTM to be this un customer friendly.

Comment

• I'm still waiting too. E-mailed them today. This is not unusual in my experience, when I started ordering from them this was their routine. They usually sent the order when I e-mailed though. The last few years have been better, but now they're apparently back at their old behaviour again.

Comment

• Had a response saying it will be shipped "This week".

Comment

• Pretty poor of them not to honour pre orders first. At least they still have it in stock, being a limited edition it could have sold out before they found they'd screwed up.
                        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Has anyone received & watched their copy?

Comment

• yeah, looks pretty good to me. No issues that I can see.

Comment

• I actually got this yesterday, or well I haven't picked it up yet but it's at the post office. I'm very dissappointed with D&T, which has been my goto place for the Austrian releases for like 7 years. Going to have to consider the alternatives next time.

Comment

• Okay, now I've watched it and it's obviously a giant leap up from the VHS rip. The image quality, to my eyes, looks quite nice in motion. A bit on the soft side, but might as well be a result of the photography as well as the fact this comes from a source generations removed from the OCN. No extreme ammounts of digital manipulatiob, no green tint as far as I can discern.

All in all an absolutely essential release for euro trash fans. The film is amazing, and to finally be able to see it in good quality almst feels surreal.

Comment

Working...
                                X