Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Profane Exhibit (new anthology Art Horror)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Profane Exhibit (new anthology Art Horror)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2066123/

Check out the directors:

Directed by
    Yoshihiro Nishimura
    Marian Dora
    Andrey Iskanov
    Ryan Nicholson
    Michael Todd Schneider
    Sergio Stivaletti

Bolded the interesting names for me. Stivaletti has yet to impress me and I have the same reaction to Ryan Nicholson. But it involves Marian Dora who made the supremely underrated Cannibal and Andrey Iskanov who have me most interested. Plus the project is produced by Uwe Boll, the stamp of approval.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Cannibal was one of the few movies in recent times to really fuck with my head and get to me. Iskanov's done some pretty messed up stuff too and both Nicholson and Stivaletti have got a lot of talent - this could be one to watch, thanks for the heads up on it. Between this and Theater Bizarre, it could be a good year for artsy horror anthology stuff.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Stivaletti just doesn't impress me. But I'm a biased fucker and think that none of the recent Italian genre films made in the last decade or more have much to do with the classic Italo genre cinema. I think the only filmmaker that retains not only the essence of Italo cinema and makes damn good films in the process is Michele Soavi... and he needs to make more movies.

Nicholson made that slasher in a bowling alley which was pretty forgettable and I think it was Raw Feed or something like that which was about Snuff films and involved the Yakuza and it was pretty amateurish.

Nishimura is the guy behind the crazy special effects from Machine Girl and directed Tokyo Gore Police. I'm not much of a fan of him but I look forward to the project just the same.

Iskanov I respect the hell out of. I'm not a big fan of Philosophy of a Knife but for someone to make a 4 hour gorementary they definitely earn some much ado respect.
      "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Working...
      X