Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kill List (2011)

You have GOT TO BE fucking kidding me.

This is the film that everyone is raving about? The supposedly best british horror film since I don't know when??? When it ended I was sitting there, asking (to be more precise, shouting on the inside): "That's it?" It's sort of like a less focused, less interesting, less atmospheric, less-everything WICKER MAN. When the reveal comes along, I felt absolutely nothing, except for having wasted 90 minutes of my life.

IFC has got this available in the US via On Demand starting tomorrow.

http://www.ifcfilms.com/films/kill-list
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I really want to see this, I loved Wheatley's DOWN TERRACE. I trust the Hungarian though...it doesn't bode well.

Comment

IFC has picked up Kill List for US Blu-ray/DVD release 8/14/2012.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Cover art:

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Watched this last night and the Wicker Man comparisons are pretty apt, I couldn't help think about Hardy's film during the finale here. I liked the movie though. I thought that the two hitmen were interesting characters and that the direction was pretty solid. I'm not going to rave and call this the masterpiece that a lot of others seem to think it is but I did feel it was pretty well made, even if it builds very slowly in the first half.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Biggest problem that I had was all of the mumbling and whispering, apparently a common complaint. Don't know what the sound engineers were thinking. The atmosphere was cool, but yeah, WICKER MAN all over the place later in the film....also reminded of The Last Exorcism or whatever it was called, which wasn't good.

Comment

Working...
              X