The Spaghetti Western thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paul L View Post
    There's a decent Wild East DVD release of this one (paired with AND GOD SAID TO CAIN, as I recall).
    Cool someone on another forum linked me to a wide screen print on Youtube.

Comment

• Arrow posted that the UK version of Bandidos is going to be censored due to horse falls. The other films in the VENGEANCE TRAILS set are going to be uncensored/uncut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
        Arrow posted that the UK version of Bandidos is going to be censored due to horse falls. The other films in the VENGEANCE TRAILS set are going to be uncensored/uncut.
        I wonder if this will have a workround thing if a region free player is set to region A similar to one of the Seijun Suzuki films in one of their boxsets.

Comment

• It sounds like it, as they said censored not cut in the announcement.

Comment

• why are the brits (still) so afraid of even the tiniest depiction of animal cruelty? is it because the prince of wales is married to a rottweiler?!

Comment

• Originally posted by killer must kill again View Post
              why are the brits (still) so afraid of even the tiniest depiction of animal cruelty? is it because the prince of wales is married to a rottweiler?!
              Even simulated stuff, like the horses running into the spears in Braveheart gets chopped there, and they way they freak out about martial arts weaponry and knives is hilarious. They even censored the word "Ninja" on titles of movies and shows.

The British are so fucked, it makes Canada look good!

Comment

• Originally posted by killer must kill again View Post
                why are the brits (still) so afraid of even the tiniest depiction of animal cruelty? is it because the prince of wales is married to a rottweiler?!
                It's the law. The Animal Cruelty act has been in effect since 1937.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
                  Even simulated stuff, like the horses running into the spears in Braveheart gets chopped there, and they way they freak out about martial arts weaponry and knives is hilarious. They even censored the word "Ninja" on titles of movies and shows.

The British are so fucked, it makes Canada look good!
                  Martial Arts weaponry cuts were down to the American James Ferman who made some very odd decisions as head of the BBFC.

Comment

• Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
                    Martial Arts weaponry cuts were down to the American James Ferman who made some very odd decisions as head of the BBFC.
                    The BBFC specifically worried about impressionable youth seeing films containing shuriken and nunchaku, and then marauding through the streets with homemade weapons.

The most amusing case of this was the second Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film (renamed Teenage Mutant HERO Turtles over here), from which the BBFC removed the moment in which Michelangelo uses a string of sausages as improvised nunchaku. Remembering that always makes me chuckle
                    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul L View Post
                      The BBFC specifically worried about impressionable youth seeing films containing shuriken and nunchaku, and then marauding through the streets with homemade weapons.
                      To be fair, as impressionable youths a friend and I made nunchaku out of broom sticks and chain bought from a local hardware store. We decided to train with them on his front lawn... and then his grandfather, a cop, happened to drive by for an unannounced visit. Needless to say, we didn't have for nunchaku for very long. They were surprisingly easy and cheap to make though!
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Might be a little late with this news but single Arrow releases of DJANGO are up for pre-ordering.
                        Both 1080p and UHD separately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                          To be fair, as impressionable youths a friend and I made nunchaku out of broom sticks and chain bought from a local hardware store. We decided to train with them on his front lawn... and then his grandfather, a cop, happened to drive by for an unannounced visit. Needless to say, we didn't have for nunchaku for very long. They were surprisingly easy and cheap to make though!
                          Hahaha, I remember making throwing stars out of double edged xacto blades. Hid one from my parents in my pants pocket, stuck my hand into my pocket while I was talking to my stepdad, and had to stand there for 2 more minutes with blood pouring down my hand from the 4 inch slice in my finger.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                            When I was training in shotokan karate as a teenager c.1990ish, a mate of mine used to turn up with homemade nunchaku - broom handles and chain, I think, as you said, Ian. Fun times. Our instructor had the real deal. Equally good.
                            'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                            'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	death.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	360042
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Some info and pictures from the DJANGO television series here.
                                I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Working...
                                X