No announcement yet.

The Spaghetti Western thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According to a poster at the SWDB Forum, the Wild East BD of FIGHTING FISTS OF SHAGHAI JOE has been withdrawn due to a rights issue. Those who want it better grab one now before the price goes up dramatically (that is, if you can still find it).
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• What Andrew said. It's a really solid disc with beautiful picture quality.
      https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	dajngo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	359538
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• ^ DJANGO SHOOTS FIRST has been confirmed as only having the Italian dub w/English subs. It's also been confirmed somewhere on FaceChat that SHANGHAI JOE has definitely been pulled. Which is a shame, it was the best looking Blu WE released yet. Though this would point to someone else releasing it, i guess. Would be nice to get a double with RETURN OF SHANGHAI JOE.

Comment

• Kino's Navajo Joe release is going OOP.

Comment

• How come no one is putting out the Stranger films on disc?
              Are they asking too much?

Comment

• At least in the US, A Stranger in Town, The Stranger Returns, and The Silent Stranger are with Warner Brothers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
                  At least in the US, A Stranger in Town, The Stranger Returns, and The Silent Stranger are with Warner Brothers.
                  Cheers.
                  I had no idea this existed.
                  https://www.dvddrive-in.com/reviews/...tion676875.htm

Edit~ Shit...it's a DVD+r!
                  Koukol
                  Last edited by Koukol; 03-19-2021, 06:15 AM.

Comment

• Colosseo Film released A STRANGER IN TOWN and THE STRANGER RETURNS on DVD several years ago. They're really nice looking (for DVD). Probably long out of print. Eyecatcher (New) released THE SILENT STRANGER about the same time. It's decent looking and also probably hard to find.
                    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koukol View Post
                      Cheers.
                      I had no idea this existed.
                      https://www.dvddrive-in.com/reviews/...tion676875.htm

Edit~ Shit...it's a DVD+r!
                      Yeah DVD-r. I keep hoping that WAC will upgrade that set to Blu-ray, as they use actual pressed discs , but no such luck.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	gg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	359797
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]26846[/ATTACH]
                          Now, my tolerance for shonky filmmaking is high, but that's a godawful film. Wonderful cast, but awful film
                          'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                          'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul L View Post
                            Now, my tolerance for shonky filmmaking is high, but that's a godawful film. Wonderful cast, but awful film
                            An extremely late spaghetti western produced by Golan and Globus? I wouldn't touch it with a 20-foot pole.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
                              An extremely late spaghetti western produced by Golan and Globus? I wouldn't touch it with a 20-foot pole.
                              You'd be wise.
                              'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                              'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
                                Call me a man of poor judgement, but the G&G element got my attention.

Hey, I love Lifeforce!

Comment

Working...
                                X