No announcement yet.

The Spaghetti Western thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Django is finally improved I'll be happy.
    I'm also glad someone is releasing Sartana alone since it's the only one I want.

However, I no longer get excited for re-releases until I see some improved screen grabs.

Comment

• The Arrow releases of Django has disappeared from their distributor's site and Amazon have them as currently unavailable. Arrow hasn't said anything, so I don't know if it is just delayed or outright cancelled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
        The Arrow releases of Django has disappeared from their distributor's site and Amazon have them as currently unavailable. Arrow hasn't said anything, so I don't know if it is just delayed or outright cancelled.
        This concerns me. I was really, really looking forward to this...
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Bill Lustig got a previous release cancelled due to rights issues, could be more of the same?
          I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• According to Bruce Holecheck, Arrow has said everything is fine with Django, but I haven't found any official statement from them.

Comment

• German Blu-ray release of A Minute To Pray, A Second To Die coming.

https://alive-ag.de/index.php?page=a...ikelNr=6419030
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Django date changed to December 11th which explains it.
                I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Good news that it isn't canceled. I think Arrow Video's entire November slate has been postponed. the De Niro/De Palma set has been pushed back to December and the Crimson Peak set has been pushed back to January.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                    German Blu-ray release of A Minute To Pray, A Second To Die coming.

https://alive-ag.de/index.php?page=a...ikelNr=6419030
                    If that running time (118 minutes) is accurate, this will be the international cut of the film. Exciting! Let's hope it's true. (IIRC the US BD was initially promoted with a 118 minute running time but turned out to be the same 99 min US version as the old DVD - which was also erroneously promoted as having a 118 minute running time.)
                    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• Looks like Wild East has Requiem For A Gringo on Blu-ray now.

https://www.diabolikdvd.com/product/...-east-blu-ray/

Click image for larger version

Name:	requeimgringo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	355200
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• They also have Ride for a Massacre / Gun For A Hundred Graves out on DVD now.

https://www.diabolikdvd.com/product/...sc-all-region/

Click image for larger version

Name:	ridecovercomp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	355201
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• So about Django
                          ** Django / Texas Adios Update - US & Canada **

In February 2018, Arrow Film Distributors entered into an exclusive multiple territory license for the titles Texas Adios (1966) and Django (1966) which represented and warranted to Arrow that it held all rights to these films.

Unfortunately, for reasons beyond our control and through no fault of our own, we have recently learnt that there is a dispute surrounding the rights between the previous distributor in the territory, Blue Underground and the Rights owner in Italy that made such representations to us. What followed, was interference from Blue Underground into our distribution of these titles.

Many retail customers of ours in the US and Canada have been threatened by Blue Underground with cease and desist letters on the Django / Texas Adios products that we have produced so far, namely the 2-disc Limited Edition and the Limited Edition Steelbook, both scheduled for release on December 11th 2018 in both the US and the Canada.

We place the onus to resolve the issue of Blue Underground's continued exploitation of the films outside of their license period upon the underlying Italian rights owner. We are looking to them for resolution of the matter and in order to protect the retailers involved from any threatened action on the part of Blue Underground, we are for the moment, withdrawing the titles from distribution

We sincerely regret that this situation has arisen, and, although we are an innocent party in this, we apologise to you as our valued customers for the uncertainty surrounding the availability of these available products. We are pushing the parties involved to resolve the matter in as quick a time frame as possible so kindly bear with us as we move this situation forward towards a resolution

All rights reserved
                          Arrow Films
                          That is Arrow's side of things. It wouldn't shock me, nor would it be the first time that it happened, if it turns out that the Italian company claiming to have the US rights don't actually have them.

Comment

• damn, this sucks!

Comment

• Well I'll be damned. Its a mighty fine package too. Diabolikdvd shipped mine to the uk before it was pulled and its up to Arrows usual high standards.

Comment

• I received my copy of Arrow's DJANGO from Amazon on Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
                                X