• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Richard--W View Post
    How I wish I could go to that festival!
    Wild East announced a new double-feature:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6973[/ATTACH]
    As of yesterday this DVD A COFFIN FOR THE SHERIFF / BLOOD AT SUNDOWN (Spaghetti Western Double-Feature 46) has been removed from Wild East's website. It is no longer offered.
    "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
    - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

• I don't know if anyone else saw the latest Something Weird email newsletter but if not...

Click image for larger version

Name:	spagwesterntrailers.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	343824

Name:	spagwesterns.jpg
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	343825
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Also there's a US Blu-ray release of My Name Is Nobody scheduled for 11/5/13 through Image.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
          I don't know if anyone else saw the latest Something Weird email newsletter but if not...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7429[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]7430[/ATTACH]
          That looks pretty cool! Some of those trailers are pretty rare. I actually have the SW VHS of A FEW BULLETS MORE aka THE MAN WHO KILLED BILLY THE KID, it's a beat-to-hell letterboxed print (have a much better fandub too). I'm gonna order that trailer comp, thanks for the heads-up.
          I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• What do you guys think of "Massacre Time"? I didn't have real high hopes when I put it on (This may sound backwards, but I figured that with the involvement of so many people with huge followings -- Fulci, di Leo, Hilton and Nero -- that if it was any good I would have heard more about it.) But anyway I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was really fun seeing Hilton play a role so for out of the range I usually see him in.

SW's are one area of eurocult film that I have barely scratched the surface -- so I've been on a little bit of a kick lately.

Comment

• If this release looks like the Import it's a must buy for fans.

Comment

• I prefer DOC WEST and TRIGGERMAN over My Name Is Nobody anyday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apronikoff View Post
                  What do you guys think of "Massacre Time"? I didn't have real high hopes when I put it on (This may sound backwards, but I figured that with the involvement of so many people with huge followings -- Fulci, di Leo, Hilton and Nero -- that if it was any good I would have heard more about it.) But anyway I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was really fun seeing Hilton play a role so for out of the range I usually see him in.
                  I like it a lot, it's easily my favorite of Fulci's three spaghetti westerns - the other two are FOUR OF THE APOCALYPSE and SILVER SADDLE. I've said before I wish he had made a few more at this time (the other two are from the mid 70s). Good story and Fulci gets to indulge in his penchant for sadism with that whipping. I think the final scenes are among the most poetic in the genre, along with the fantastic music it's one of my all-time favorite sequences.
                  I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                    I like it a lot, it's easily my favorite of Fulci's three spaghetti westerns - the other two are FOUR OF THE APOCALYPSE and SILVER SADDLE. I've said before I wish he had made a few more at this time (the other two are from the mid 70s). Good story and Fulci gets to indulge in his penchant for sadism with that whipping. I think the final scenes are among the most poetic in the genre, along with the fantastic music it's one of my all-time favorite sequences.
                    I've been praying to the Beat/Quartet/Digitmovies gods for years now that SOMEONE will release Lallo Gori's score with Sergio Endrigo's title theme. One of my favorite SW opening numbers of all time!

Comment

• The Twice A Judas/And God Said To Cain Kinksi double feature from Wild East is now in stock at Diabolik.

Name:	72fb7fd6def2b863b79900dd2ee12f23.jpg
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	344007
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• There are some cool screenings coming up at the Spectacle Theater in Brooklyn in September.

BANDIDOS
                        Dir. Massimo Dallamano 1967.
                        Italy. 91 min.

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 14 - 7:30 PM
                        SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 29 - 10:00 PM

$10,000 BLOOD MONEY
                        Dir. Romolo Guerrieri 1967.
                        Italy. 94 min.

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 21 - 10:00 PM
                        MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 30 - 10:00 PM

VENGEANCE IS MINE
                        Dir. Gianni Fago 1967.
                        Italy. 91 min.

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 4 - 7:30 PM
                        SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 22 - 10:00 PM

CEMETERY WITHOUT CROSSES
                        Dir. Robert Hossein 1969.
                        Italy. 85 min.

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 9 - 10:00 PM
                        SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 28 - 7:30 PM
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Oh my god.

They're going to show CEMETERY WITHOUT CROSSES on the big screen. Twice. Twice.

Are you going?

Comment

• I'm tempted, but it's all going to depend on my schedule (Sept. and Oct. are unusually busy months for me).
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• You owe it to yourself to at least see CEMETERY WITHOUT CROSSES, Ian.

Comment

• I also want to know if it's being projected from a good 35mm print or a DVD. Because I've got the German DVD, so I don't need a digital projection.
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X