The Spaghetti Western thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    A few of the Kino-released SW Blu-ray's are in the 'while they last' sale section, which probably means they're going OOP.

https://www.kinolorber.com/list/view...lies-last-2021
    Arrow apparently have a load of Spaghetti Westerns line up for the future. Maybe some of these Kino ones might get re-releases from Arrow.

Comment

A few of the Kino-released SW Blu-ray's are in the 'while they last' sale section, which probably means they're going OOP.

https://www.kinolorber.com/list/view...lies-last-2021
      The Eureka release of the Sabata films have extras unlike the Kino ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
        The Eureka release of the Sabata films have extras unlike the Kino ones.
        That's right.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Singer Christy has passed, as reported at Tom Betts' blog. She sang the title theme on THE BIG GUNDOWN, as well as "Deep Down" from DIABOLIK among many others. I absolutely love her voice. RIP.
          I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• Minnesota Clay has made it onto Region B Blu-ray.

https://www.diabolikdvd.com/product/...-ray-region-b/

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Sebastian posted some caps of Minnesota Clay over at the SWDB. Looks pretty solid, i may have to pick it up.

Comment

• Eureka announced that they're reissuing The Great Silence as a standard edition on 4/11/22.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Coming 6/6/22 in the UK.

Click image for larger version

Name:	kill.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	392228
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Coming 8/23 (reissue).

Extras:
                    • Audio Commentary with Producer/Star Tony Anthony, Co-Writer/Star Lloyd Battista, and Executive Producer Ronald J. Schneider
                    • The Story Of The Stranger - Interview with Producer/Star Tony Anthony
                    • Looking For Richard - Interview with Co-Writer/Star Lloyd Battista
                    • Beating A Dead Horse - Interview with Executive Producer Ronald J. Schneider
                    • Tony & I - Interview with Director Ferdinando Baldi
                    • Deleted Scenes
                    • Theatrical Trailer
                    • French Trailer
                    • Radio Spots
                    • Poster & Still Gallery

Click image for larger version  Name:	280559411_5121047307961692_7442758089422817998_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	92.3 KB ID:	392804
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Looks good, never seen it.

Comment

• Kino announced Ace High for Blu-ray soon, taken from a new 4k scan.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Kino announced Ace High for Blu-ray soon, taken from a new 4k scan.
                          Haven't seen this one, but the idea of Spencer and Hill + Eli Wallach doing his Tuco riff again in the same film sounds great.
                          I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• ACE HIGH is pretty fun. I'd probably rate it just a hair better than GOD FORGIVES or BOOT HILL.

Comment

• Coming 9/20/22. I'm looking forward to this one. If Kino has a deal with Paramount.... maybe they'll get us Once Upon A Time In The West on UHD at some point?

Special Features and Technical Specs:
                              NEW 4K RESTORATION FROM THE ORIGINAL CAMERA NEGATIVE COMPLETED BY PARAMOUNT PICTURES
                              Audio Commentary by Filmmaker Alex Cox
                              Theatrical Trailer (Newly Mastered in 2K)
                              Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase
                              Optional English Subtitles

Click image for larger version  Name:	293070723_1718460285163850_396404748129938576_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	291.6 KB ID:	397317
                              Ian Jane
                              Administrator
                              Last edited by Ian Jane; 07-18-2022, 09:20 AM.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Indicator is giving The Big Gundown a pretty fancy UK release.

Release date: December 5, 2022
                                2-Disc Limited Edition (5000 copies), individually numbered
                                Region B

Contains three versions for the film: US theatrical cut (90mins); extended US cut (95mins, with scenes that were added for TV broadcast); original 110-minute Italian version (Italian and English audio).
                                2K restorations
                                Original mono audio
                                Isolated music & effects tracks

Extras:
                                udio commentary with writers and film experts Barry Forshaw and Kim Newman on the Italian theatrical version (2022)
                                Audio commentary with film historians C Courtney Joyner and Henry Parke on the extended US cut (2013)
                                Spaghetti Western Memories (2012): documentary in which director Sergio Sollima and actor Tomas Milian revisit this much-heralded western
                                Tomas Milian: Acting on Instinct (2013): the genre-film star revisits The Big Gundown and reveals some of his acting secrets
                                Stephen Thrower on ‘The Big Gundown’ (2022): the author and musician on the unique qualities of Sollima’s classic
                                Austin Fisher on ‘The Big Gundown’ (2022): the author of Radical Frontiers in the Spaghetti Western: Politics, Violence and Popular Italian Cinema situates the film in the wider context of the genre
                                Original US theatrical trailers
                                Original Italian theatrical trailer
                                TV spots
                                Image galleries
                                production stills and promotional material
                                New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing

Limited edition exclusive 80-page book with a new essay by Italian cinema expert Roberto Curti, archival interviews with Lee Van Cleef, Tomas Milian, and Sergio Sollima, extracts from the film’s promotional materials, an examination of the work of co-screenwriter Franco Solinas, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and full film credits
                                Limited edition exclusive poster

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fada1QQXoAIN2BW.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	398817
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X