No announcement yet.

The Spaghetti Western thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they send it (and I asked) then definitely.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The Stranger Returns seems to have been given a decent release in Germany from Colosseo Film.

Extras include two trailers, a still gallery and a commentary with Tony Anthony (no idea if what language it's in). And English audio track is listed for the feature which is presented OAR 2.35.1 anamorphic widescreen.

EDITED TO ADD: Mondo Digital just posted a review a few minutes ago. Looks like it's an interview with Anthony, not a commentar, and the interview is in English.

Click image for larger version

Name:	93053_b268d67f794a04aebe16c8c45bd683f7_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	338789
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

BLACK JACK and DJANGO THE BASTARD are two of the strangest and darkest SWs I've seen. CALIFORNIA is a really underrated film that deserves more attention as well.

Comment

Agreed, Randy. CALIFORNIA is an excellent late entry.

Saw over at the SWWB that The Film Forum in NYC is having a veritable orgy of spaghetti westerns in June! Damn, THE PRICE OF POWER on the big screen. The list is almost overwhelming, there's so many playing. http://www.filmforum.org/movies/more/spaghetti_westerns
          I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
            Saw over at the SWWB that The Film Forum in NYC is having a veritable orgy of spaghetti westerns in June! Damn, THE PRICE OF POWER on the big screen. The list is almost overwhelming, there's so many playing. http://www.filmforum.org/movies/more/spaghetti_westerns
            Wow. Just...wow. I envy those of you living/visiting in NYC this June.

Comment

That's a pretty amazing line up - they're even showing Yankee? Craziness!
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Blue Underground just announced that Django Kill has been moved from 6/5/12 to 7/3/12 due to a production delay.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Wild East very quietly issued Fulci's Massacre Time on DVD as The Brute and The Beast.

Name:	mt.jpg
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	338926

Specs:

• Two different English audio tracks - the International English dub, and AIP's American release dub.
                  • Audio Interview with director Lucio Fulci
                  • Interview with star George Hilton
                  • Extensive Picture Gallery
                  • Radio Spots
                  • Trailers
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Yeah, I'll grab this at some point. I've read that the picture looks very good and the AIP dub is much better than the international one. The Fulci interview is supposed to be quite good too. And the second part of the Hilton interview is something I'm really looking forward to. I love this film, the ending is fantastic. The images and the Gori score always put a lump in my throat. Gori really hit it out of the park on this score, he's usually the pits when it comes to soundtracks. Really wish Fulci had done more spaghettis during this period, the golden age of them.

Comment

Why not release it as MASSACRE TIME? That's the title all the spag western fans know it as.
                      www.cinemasewer.com

Comment

I think that's the title on the print they used - was also the title during its original US release. I've seen a trailer for it as BRUTE AND THE BEAST on one of the sw trailer comps I have.

Comment

They'd probably sell more if they did it as Massacre Time though.

Watched The Grand Duel last night via the Mill Creek Blu-ray. It's a pretty solid transfer, could have been cleaned up more but for the price you can't argue at all. Hadn't seen the movie in years, it holds up well. Skimmed through Keoma, looks like it has some of the weird 'grain' issues that some of the Blue Underground stuff has. Trailers for both movies are included, English audio only in DTS-HD, but the audio is kinda scratchy, doesn't sound amazing. Still, for the $5.99 it's going for on Amazon it's kind of a no brainer.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Maybe sell a few more as MASSACRE TIME but I think anyone interested enough to see the cover would figure out what it is. If anything, I would play up Fulci's name more, maybe with a sticker on the cover. I do wonder if some nebulous rights issues are involved, it's not the first or the last one WE has sold under another, less known title.

Comment

Another new Wild East release just came in at Diabolik.

El Rojo starring Richard Harrison, uncut and 16x9.

Don't know much about this one, haven't seen it, but Nieves Navarro is in it too...

Name:	da7f4478e7aad5fc8d934447b18dcf47.jpg
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	338977
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

It's a good one, pretty offbeat. Revenge story with a lot of horror elements, the most memorable being an extended stalking scene in a mine that wouldn't be out of place in a slasher. Very violent deaths, early on some children are shot with arrows. A hired killer wears a bizarre half mask on his face...all in all well worth checking out. Oh, and Navarro looks simply gorgeous too.

This was one of Franco Cleef's last projects - several years ago. That's why I say I wish WE would do something a little rarer, though I know that's not really fair in this case as it's a dvd-r. Still hard to get too worked up over these recent releases.

Comment

Working...
                                X