No announcement yet.

The Spaghetti Western thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that I'm region-free, I read this entire thread last night to try and figure out if there was anything I needed to buy.

I got downright confused around page 26.

By page 31, I had added 20 titles to my amazon cart.

This region-free shit is going to cost me a lot of money. :D Thanks, guys.

Comment

• Congrats Mark. Check out Western Unchained Collection [8 DVDs]. Best "bang for your buck" you'll find.

Comment

• Thanks, Jason C!

Anyone have any commenets on the Mill Creek Grand Duel/Keoma disc and KL's Sabata?

Comment

• I think Ian has a review of the Mill Creek double here at RSP, or am I mistaken? Maybe the SABATA one too. For a budget BD I think the Mill Creek is well worth getting. I have the Explosive Media BD of SABATA, though I seem to remember the KL is said to be better. As an aside, the NAVAJO JOE and TEPEPA releases from the Koch Western Unchained collection are BDs ( or at least released on BD too, I bought them all individually and those two were BD), the others are DVD. I love those discs, wish they had done some more.
          Andrew Monroe
          Pallid Hands
          Last edited by Andrew Monroe; 06-17-2015, 08:01 AM.
          I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
            I think Ian has a review of the Mill Creek double here at RSP, or am I mistaken? Maybe the SABATA one too. For a budget BD I think the Mill Creek is well worth getting. I have the Explosive Media BD of SABATA, though I seem to remember the KL is said to be better. As an aside, the NAVAJO JOE and TEPEPA releases from the Koch Western Unchained collection are BDs ( or at least released on BD too, I bought them all individually and those two were BD), the others are DVD. I love those discs, wish they had done some more.
            Derp, why wouldn't I have searched the reviews here? Ha, thanks Andrew!!!! I don't know what my brain does, sometimes.

Comment

As an aside, the NAVAJO JOE and TEPEPA releases from the Koch Western Unchained collection are BDs ( or at least released on BD too, I bought them all individually and those two were BD), the others are DVD. I love those discs, wish they had done some more.
              NAVAJO JOE and TEPEPA are DVDs in the 8 DVD set. There are separate BD and DVD releases.

Comment

I think Ian has a review of the Mill Creek double here at RSP, or am I mistaken? Maybe the SABATA one too. For a budget BD I think the Mill Creek is well worth getting. I have the Explosive Media BD of SABATA, though I seem to remember the KL is said to be better. As an aside, the NAVAJO JOE and TEPEPA releases from the Koch Western Unchained collection are BDs ( or at least released on BD too, I bought them all individually and those two were BD), the others are DVD. I love those discs, wish they had done some more.
                Agreed, though Koch are releasing IL MERCENARIO and MAN, PRIDE AND VENGEANCE on BD in July, Andrew. Both of those are straight out of the Franco Nero Blu-ray boxed set they released the other year. (The other title in that boxed set was CRY ONION, which as I recall wasn't English-friendly, and which Koch released as a solo disc a couple of months ago.) Koch also released A BULLET FOR THE GENERAL on BD last year.

http://www.amazon.de/Mercenario-Gef%...rds=koch+media

http://www.amazon.de/Mit-Django-kam-...rds=koch+media
                'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul L View Post
                  Agreed, though Koch are releasing IL MERCENARIO and MAN, PRIDE AND VENGEANCE on BD in July, Andrew. Both of those are straight out of the Franco Nero Blu-ray boxed set they released the other year. (The other title in that boxed set was CRY ONION, which as I recall wasn't English-friendly, and which Koch released as a solo disc a couple of months ago.) Koch also released A BULLET FOR THE GENERAL on BD last year.
                  Paul, I think I read about the upcoming Koch BD of IL MERCENARIO at the swdb, will definitely be getting that. I have the newish Blue Underground BD of MAN, PRIDE AND VENGEANCE. One thing that one has going for it is that it has English subtitles for the Italian track, in addition to the English dub.

Mark, another Mill Creek budget BD worth keeping an eye out for is the THE LAST GUN/4 DOLLARS OF REVENGE one. The former is an early sw with Cameron Mitchell, the latter is an above average Robert Woods entry with a cool score. The disc is a no-brainer at the price for 4 DOLLARS alone.
                  I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• I'll keep an eye out, Andrew! Thanks!

Comment

• Grabbed the Keoma and Last Gun double features, thanks for the advice! Sabata is sitting in my amazon basket, but I need another 10 bucks and change worth of stuff and can't come up with anything else I want, grrrr.

Comment

• Region Free gonna put me in the poor house, dammit. Grabbed Day of Anger as well, and figured since I was already paying shipping from the UK, the 25th anniversary of GoodFellas. (I know that's not a spaghetti western) :D

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                          Region Free gonna put me in the poor house, dammit.
                          Just wait until you pay a premium for FACE TO FACE and THE SENTINEL only to have Kino and Shout Factory make announcements not long after. Kinda wished I would have waited for the Region A of STRAY CAT ROCK as well. Being Region all is essential but can be a kick in the pants.

If you are into special features it also opens the door to purchasing both the Region A and Region B releases. I recently did that with LIFEFORCE and a few others I'm ashamed to admit to (because its impossible to justify).

Comment

• Originally posted by Jason C View Post
                            Just wait until you pay a premium for FACE TO FACE and THE SENTINEL only to have Kino and Shout Factory make announcements not long after. Kinda wished I would have waited for the Region A of STRAY CAT ROCK as well. Being Region all is essential but can be a kick in the pants.

If you are into special features it also opens the door to purchasing both the Region A and Region B releases. I recently did that with LIFEFORCE and a few others I'm ashamed to admit to (because its impossible to justify).
                            So far, aside from buying way more stuff, I'm loving the benefits....like saving about 10 bucks on Day of Anger instead of buying on amazon.ca, and about the same on the new Goodfellas blu.

Comment

• At that rate, region-free's gonna pay for itself in no time.

Cue Stompin' Tom & the Marketplace themesong.

Comment

• Hey yeah!

Comment

Working...
                                X